Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Greenville, SC?

Any Brits in Greenville, SC?

Old Jul 24th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

jim28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Greenville, SC?

Hi

My wife and I are moving to Greenville, South Carolina in October/November.

I am on an H1B visa which means my wife cannot work; we're looking for new friends, perhaps in a similar situation so my wife has a social network to keep her busy.

Any advice on what other spouses do on the H1B would be of interest also.

Cheers in advance

Jim, North West England.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:27 am
Just Joined

TLC1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Greenville, SC?

hi Jim
what a lovely place to move to, i love Greenville, i have worked there a lot in previous jobs

Im in a similar situation, i moved to DC a few months ago to work but unfortunately im here on my own as my boyfriend is in the Army back in the uk,
Greenville is quite a sociable place, if you go out i guarantee you will meet people very quickly, i'm sure it wont take your wife long to meet friends

Tamsin
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 3:45 pm
GSP
Just Joined

GSP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Greenville, SC?

Hi Jim.

I'm an expat from South Yorkshire who moved to Greenville last summer. I'm 28 and I moved over on a K1 visa to be with my American husband.

It really is a beautiful place to live. Downtown is amazing. There's a tonne of nice bars, and then there's the 'Reedy River' park right in the heart of downtown. It's quite a small city, so there's non of the crazy busyness/bustling that you get in your larger cities (like Charlotte)- so this gives Greenville a really nice vibe.

Do you know where you will be living? We live close to the Haywood Mall, so were only a 7-10 min drive from the heart of downtown