Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in the Bay Area of San Francisco

Any Brits in the Bay Area of San Francisco

Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:52 am
Just Joined

donutking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in the Bay Area of San Francisco

Hey there, I recently moved to the Bay Area and am looking to catch up with a few brits for a couple of pints. Was born in Northants, did my time in London and eventually made the move out here however I just need to chatter with Brits! Cheers! Steve
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

gail0202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in the Bay Area of San Francisco

Originally Posted by donutking
Hey there, I recently moved to the Bay Area and am looking to catch up with a few brits for a couple of pints. Was born in Northants, did my time in London and eventually made the move out here however I just need to chatter with Brits! Cheers! Steve
I'm in the South Bay, where are you located?. There's a Brit Meetup group that regularly gets together for curry and beer. Not sure when the next one is but if you look on the meetup website and search for expats you should find it.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gail0202
I'm in the South Bay, where are you located?. There's a Brit Meetup group that regularly gets together for curry and beer. Not sure when the next one is but if you look on the meetup website and search for expats you should find it.
Hey there Gail0202, thanks for the response! I live in Santa Clara, close to Rivermark, however I work in MountainView. How about yourself? How long have you been here? Just haven't found any brits around here so it would be great to know if any are around for beers and banter!
Old Aug 4th 2011, 1:06 am
Just Joined

gail0202 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donutking
Hey there Gail0202, thanks for the response! I live in Santa Clara, close to Rivermark, however I work in MountainView. How about yourself? How long have you been here? Just haven't found any brits around here so it would be great to know if any are around for beers and banter!
I'm in Los Gatos but have also lived in Santa Clara, Mountain View and most of the cities in the South Bay I moved here 16 years ago, originally from Scotland. I met and married my other half here and he's also from Scotland (go figure!). I moved over here with a bunch of Brits (worked for a US company on a British product) and I still have a LARGE network of British friends here, although we're scattered throughout the Bay Area and beyond now.

Are you around one Friday evening? I could try and get a few Brits together at CB Hannegans in Los Gatos for a beer.
Old Aug 4th 2011, 2:11 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of us and I am the Queen of organizing local Piss Ups (not)

Try these guys..I just moved futher up north myself.

http://www.meetup.com/brit-92/
Old Aug 4th 2011, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gail0202
I'm in Los Gatos but have also lived in Santa Clara, Mountain View and most of the cities in the South Bay I moved here 16 years ago, originally from Scotland. I met and married my other half here and he's also from Scotland (go figure!). I moved over here with a bunch of Brits (worked for a US company on a British product) and I still have a LARGE network of British friends here, although we're scattered throughout the Bay Area and beyond now.

Are you around one Friday evening? I could try and get a few Brits together at CB Hannegans in Los Gatos for a beer.
Hey gail0202, thanks so much, definitely up for a few beers on Friday for sure! I actually go to Los Gatos often as I rowed at Lexington reservoir also also ride the trails there too. I'll email you my details and we can make a plan. Tx so much! Steve
Old Aug 4th 2011, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Loads of us and I am the Queen of organizing local Piss Ups (not)

Try these guys..I just moved futher up north myself.

http://www.meetup.com/brit-92/
Thanks Poppy girl for the link, I'll definitely give it a try!