Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits IN AUSTIN, TX?

Wikiposts

Any Brits IN AUSTIN, TX?

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:53 am
Just Joined

Location: Born in Manchester,England. Moved to New Orleans 2001. Left in 2005 (Katrina) settled in Austin,TX
lilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nice
Default Any Brits IN AUSTIN, TX?

Hi there!!!
I am originally from Manchester,UK. I now live in Austin TX after leaving New Orleans in 2005, yup evacuee.
Really missing home
Do you remember fruit salads,black jacks,Tizwoz, the Flumps, Grange Hill, John Carvens Newsround and The Really Wild Show? Miss crumpets,decent cups of tea, bacon sarnies and yorkshire pud?
Looking for any Brits in Austin that like to drink a few pints,watch TV,go to the movies and walk dogs!
Anyone out there?
Bye for now!!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 8:29 am
Just Joined

CandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really nice
Default Re: Any Brits IN AUSTIN, TX?

Hi there,
I'm not in Austin yet but in the process...should be there early 2010. Looking forward to decent weather...! Have heard there are a couple of shops with British foodstuffs, tea, cadburys chocolate etc in and around Austin, will have to hunt them out!
What part of Austin are you in?
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Location: Born in Manchester,England. Moved to New Orleans 2001. Left in 2005 (Katrina) settled in Austin,TX
lilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nicelilywhitewolf is just really nice

Hi there!
I live South Austin about 7-8 miles from down town.
There are a few places where you can get Brit food, Whole Foods on N. Lamar is one and there are a few other places spotted about!
So what brings you to TX? Where are you from in the UK?
TTFN!!
Old Nov 27th 2009, 3:11 am
Just Joined

CandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really niceCandD is just really nice

We(hubby & 5yr old son) are currently in Twyford, Berks, been in the area for the past 12 years, I am originally from Zimbabwe. We were lucky enough to receive our green cards through the DV lotto. We decided on Austin because we love the lifestyle there, the schools seem to be very good, great place to bring up kids and then of course the weather too We have just got back from a trip over to make sure we are happy with our decision and we loved it. Currently in the dreary process of selling the house and arranging the removals etc. Can't wait to get on the plane for the final time!
Are you happy in Austin? Do you have kids?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:54 am
Just Joined

frapple_hok is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

My wife and I recently moved to Austin (S. Congress), I see this thread hasn't been updated for a while but we'd love to go to a meetup. Anyone interested?

Andy
Old Dec 20th 2009, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hi Andy,
We are looking to be back in Austin in March, as soon as we get settled it would be great to get together. Are you enjoying Austin?
CandD
Old Mar 28th 2010, 6:49 am
Just Joined

bestbrit55 is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread may be a little outdated but I do have some relevant info for it if anyone is still interested. My parents live in Round Rock TX, just north of Austin and are part of a fairly extensive network of ex-pats in the Round rock/Austin area. They love meeting up with new folks and help them get acquainted to the Austin area
Old May 15th 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

oli4uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just moved to Austin (Terrytown - Mopac/Enfield).

The thread seems to have been moving pretty slowly, but if anyone wants to have a quick game of pool, there happens to be a pretty nice pub called the tavern on North Lamar!
Old May 15th 2010, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

DamienAustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have ben living in Austin for 2 years now, much better than South East London!

Hi Oli, I believe you are the same Oli that has just joined the meetup group? If so, will be seeing you at Fados for the England Vs USA football game! It'll be a good one!
Old May 15th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DamienAustin
Hi All,

I have ben living in Austin for 2 years now, much better than South East London!

Hi Oli, I believe you are the same Oli that has just joined the meetup group? If so, will be seeing you at Fados for the England Vs USA football game! It'll be a good one!
Indeed I am!
Old May 16th 2010, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Hey Guys,
I have been in Austin 4 years now. Tyring to hook up with some fellow Brits!
Saturday 12th June...it's the big day! I will be at Fado's too.
Wanted to introduce myself!
Old May 16th 2010, 3:19 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilywhitewolf
Hey Guys,
I have been in Austin 4 years now. Tyring to hook up with some fellow Brits!
Saturday 12th June...it's the big day! I will be at Fado's too.
Wanted to introduce myself!
As a jock, its hard to know who to shout for on that one.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:21 am
Country Member

Location: Moved from Georgetown to Round Rock, Texas. 15 miles closer to civilization.
g1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond reputeg1ant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oli4uk
I have just moved to Austin (Terrytown - Mopac/Enfield).

The thread seems to have been moving pretty slowly, but if anyone wants to have a quick game of pool, there happens to be a pretty nice pub called the tavern on North Lamar!
Try the Flying Saucer in the Triangle off 45th. No pool though - its strictly about beer drinking in there.
Old May 16th 2010, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by g1ant
Try the Flying Saucer in the Triangle off 45th. No pool though - its strictly about beer drinking in there.
I might have to check it out, I also want to visit the Gingerman too!

A quick thread hijack, has any other Brit noticed how many Americans love Sam Smiths beer, which in England is considered 'Cheap Shod'

I mean you can still get a sam smiths bitter for £1.30, and most of their other drinks are less than £2.

I was shocked when I saw them selling it here for near $5 a pint, I might suggest that the local pubs ship over some of the York Breweries fine fare!
Old May 16th 2010, 3:32 am
Just Joined

LMAO! I agree!
Give em some Old Peculiar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.