Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another pointless gun death - only in Texas!

Another pointless gun death - only in Texas!

Old May 10th 2009, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another pointless gun death - only in Texas!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519631,00.html

Yes, Fox News - it's become my source of comic relief now, I love the way they try (and fail) to put down Obama!

Gotta love this part: "The Houston Chronicle reported that a sign in front of the suspects' home reads: "Trespassers will be shot. Survivers will be reshot!! Smile I will.""
Old May 10th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another pointless gun death - only in Texas!

Bloody hell they look like a scary pair!

What the hell is going on with that mans cheek?!

But yes very sad
Old May 10th 2009, 4:48 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone mention Houston?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=607620&page=6
Old May 10th 2009, 5:32 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it a constitutional right for inbreds to shoot and kill innocent passers by ??
Old May 10th 2009, 7:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

At least they have been arrested. There are a few places over here that wouldn't have happened.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:03 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats what happens when you give a boy a girl's name...
Old May 10th 2009, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
At least they have been arrested. There are a few places over here that wouldn't have happened.
Chances of a conviction in Texas?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Chances of a conviction in Texas?
Come on that is pushing it a bit
Old May 12th 2009, 3:35 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Come on that is pushing it a bit
Too right. Just the other day I shot four people for not trespassing on my property and they gave me a medal.
Old May 12th 2009, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Too right. Just the other day I shot four people for not trespassing on my property and they gave me a medal.
I meant it was pushing it a bit to think they would get convicted
Old May 12th 2009, 2:28 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see why not. The money quotes from the article are:
DeFoor said Sheila Muhs then called 911 and told the dispatcher: "They're out here tearing up the levee, so I shot them."
Bishop said there was no indication the unarmed victims did anything threatening toward the Muhs.
Yes, TX has a Castle law, but that merely eliminates the duty to retreat. The perception of threat and ability are still there as necessary conditions for the use of deadly force.
Old May 12th 2009, 2:30 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go on the record here:

They will be convicted of something.
Old May 12th 2009, 2:33 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I don't see why not. The money quotes from the article are:

Yes, TX has a Castle law, but that merely eliminates the duty to retreat. The perception of threat and ability are still there as necessary conditions for the use of deadly force.
If this goes to trial, conviction will depend more on the likability of the victim vs. defendant than anything else. They're goners if this goes to trial.

I'm laying bets that they started shooting because those people got too close to their meth lab.
Old May 12th 2009, 2:47 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

If this goes to trial, conviction will depend more on the likability of the victim vs. defendant than anything else. They're goners if this goes to trial.

I'm laying bets that they started shooting because those people got too close to their meth lab.
Yup.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:32 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go on the record here:

They will be convicted of something.

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Yup.

Yep...

I'm on another board that tends to attract the rural, conservative male types and if their reaction to this story is any indication of general sentiment this pair of air wasters better be locked up for their own protection.

Shooting someone for a justifiable reason is one thing, what these people did (Fire randomly into a group of men, women and children who posed no threat and were not tresspassing) is criminal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.