Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another one added to my list.

Another one added to my list.

Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:34 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another one added to my list.

Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Like most people I've been confuzzled with all sorts of nationalities. But, i've had a pretty odd one. After about 20 minutes of talking with a friends friend, they said "oh your english.....I thought you were gay."

Thanks alot.
PMSL!!

Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:24 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I have been told a couple of times that England is a beautiful country and I must miss it. I just and bear it....
Old Mar 15th 2005, 1:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
I can match you on the first 7, but after that it just gets bizarre!!
My mother's Japanese...which may explain Brazil....but still a bit far fetched *lol*
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:22 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Got asked last week if I was from Wisconsin.

The lady from H & R Block (who is as thick as shit at the neck of a bottle) tried to tell me that the UK is part of Canada... Wish it was, I've always wanted to go to Canada.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:42 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

When Mark went to get a haircut a few weeks ago, the hairdresser told him he sounds exactly like Ringo Starr. Not Paul, not John, not even George... but Ringo!

Never mind the fact that Mark has never lived anywhere near Liverpool! He doesn't sound like ANY of the Beatles in the slightest!

I was sitting nearby waiting for her to finish his haircut, and when I heard this I started laughing. She looked at me, hesitated, then said, "YOU'RE not from England, are you?" I told her that no, I was American -- to which she responded, "I didn't think so; Americans laugh differently than people from England do."

And all this time I'm thinking, This woman probably doesn't even have a passport. WHAT is she talking about!?!?

~ Jenney
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:56 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
My mother's Japanese...
cool!! can you speak Japanese? I wondered if you were Asian from your picci in photopost but i couldn't really see your face too well so i wasn't sure.

That's probably why people have a hard time placing you..Brits aren't usually so exotic looking well i know I'm not
lol i had some woman tell me she loved the way the Welsh looked, that they were so exotic looking and beautiful...like Cathrine Zeta Jones...*lol*yeah right...like we all look like that honey and she was looking right at me knowing I was from Wales...me with my blue eyes and mousey brown hair...wot an idiot
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:00 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Haggischomper
Got asked last week if I was from Wisconsin.

The lady from H & R Block (who is as thick as shit at the neck of a bottle) tried to tell me that the UK is part of Canada... Wish it was, I've always wanted to go to Canada.
PMSL!!!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:05 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
my daughter was asked at school (she is 13, not 5) "what do you call donkeys in England?"

I too get sick of the Australian, Scottish, Welsh, German thing being asked all the time but having spoken to a few Australians living here, they get asked if they're English all the time!!
you've been asked if you're Welsh??? i've never been asked that in over 8 years!! normally English and Australian..though i was a little bummed out when a Scotish friend's hubby(he's also a Scot) thought i was from New Zealand!! :scared:
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
cool!! can you speak Japanese? I wondered if you were Asian from your picci in photopost but i couldn't really see your face too well so i wasn't sure.
Errr...I can understand more than I can speak, and what I can speak is pretty much the basic rude grunts...I'm hungry, close the door, bugger off....the important things
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:12 am
Back Again

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...I can understand more than I can speak, and what I can speak is pretty much the basic rude grunts...I'm hungry, close the door, bugger off....the important things
Shame on you!!....that's like me with Welsh actually the only stuff i really remember is "it's raining, i'm cold" etc *lol* What a pair too bad really, being bilingual is such a wonderful skill "shrug"

hope you don't forget your heritage...I'd be upset if my kids neglected theirs(having said that , i tell them nothing about Wales *lol*)
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:16 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Bin asked it I was from Texas, but I really like the vague one, "are you from Europe?"
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
hope you don't forget your heritage...I'd be upset if my kids neglected theirs(having said that , i tell them nothing about Wales *lol*)
hehe...well languages is one of those things I lack the knack of, which is a shame, but oh well...