Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Newbie

I have been posting for about a week now but thought I would introduce myself.
I am from a tiny village close to Southampton, UK...moved to Nashville TN 5, almost 6 years ago now...I met my husband online so thats how i ended up here.
I really dont like living here one bit haha It was ok at first because i was only 19 and didnt really think too much about what I was doing, just thought it was an adventure. Now reality is setting in and i realise what I am missing (sister just had a baby, my nan died last year and I wasnt there for it, things like that)

This board helps though, talking to others like me!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:34 pm
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another Newbie

Hello and welcome.......... I am also from near Southampton (have lived in Winchester, Chandlers Ford, Alresford) so might know the tiny village you are from.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
I am from a tiny village close to Southampton, UK...moved to Nashville TN 5, almost 6 years ago now...I met my husband online so thats how i ended up here.
I really dont like living here one bit haha It was ok at first because i was only 19 and didnt really think too much about what I was doing, just thought it was an adventure. Now reality is setting in and i realise what I am missing (sister just had a baby, my nan died last year and I wasnt there for it, things like that)

Welcome

Yep we're all in the same boat I'm afraid...that's why we have time to come on here...so you're amongst friends.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:39 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome
We have lived here in the States for 10 years.
Our daughter was 18 when she came over with us, she found it hard at first, missed her friends etc., then she met new people and now wouldn't even think of going back to the UK. She bacame a US citizen a few weeks ago.
I know it is hard but hang in there!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:39 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

You're mid-twenties and you don't lke nashville?

Crikey, I think its great, good weather, low cost of living, lots of jobs, good restaurants, lots of bars, err....

Can you not fly back for sis having a baby and things like that?

you must be doing something wrong - what kind of job do you have? what area do you live in?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
Hello and welcome
We have lived here in the States for 10 years.
Our daughter was 18 when she came over with us, she found it hard at first, missed her friends etc., then she met new people and now wouldn't even think of going back to the UK. She bacame a US citizen a few weeks ago.
I know it is hard but hang in there!
Ditto. Although our daughter was 11 and our USC forms will be mailed tomorrow.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:50 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Ditto. Although our daughter was 11 and our USC forms will be mailed tomorrow.
Good luck with that Jerseygirl! I did mine a few years ago, our daughter sent in her paperwork in Feb this year, got the interview in June and the oath ceremony in July. this was through the Chicago office.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Heading home is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE

Hope you are able to go back for a visit and see your sister and new baby soon.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:09 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
you must be doing something wrong - what kind of job do you have? what area do you live in?
Isn't it possible to be doing everything right but still miss home and have second thoughts about emigrating?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it dose. Welcome friend
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
You're mid-twenties and you don't lke nashville?
Well why would she not unless she likes Country music
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Another Newbie

I know Southampton well, I am from a tiny village just south of Portsmouth.
I used to go into Southampton every year on the train for the January sales as they always had more shops to offer than Pompey

Sorry to hear you about your Nan, I know it so hard when things like that happen. My Nan died too when I was here and I couldn't fly back for the funeral. I was at the green card process point where you could not leave the States otherwise your petition would become void
Hope you get a chance to visit soon
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Isn't it possible to be doing everything right but still miss home and have second thoughts about emigrating?
That was very well put snowbunny...Nashville isnt the problem at all and if I could move all my family and friends over here it would be perfect, its just missing home thats the problem.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:42 pm
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!!!!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That was very well put snowbunny...Nashville isnt the problem at all and if I could move all my family and friends over here it would be perfect, its just missing home thats the problem.
...and M & S...don't forget M & S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.