Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Something like that...can't remember exactly but it was something to do with the devil.
Rusty and Andrea Yates were fundamentalist Christians, who hooked up with a fire-and-brimstone preacher. Andrea, already known by her husband to be mentally ill, took the preacher's venom about original sin to heart.

It's a tragedy all round.

The preacher's role in all this
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinnabar
Rusty and Andrea Yates were fundamentalist Christians, who hooked up with a fire-and-brimstone preacher. Andrea, already known by her husband to be mentally ill, took the preacher's venom about original sin to heart.

It's a tragedy all round.

The preacher's role in all this

Welcome to BE.

Thanks for the link....seems that maybe Rusty shouldn't be in his 'high profile job with NASA'....he should be in the same institution as Andrea.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:30 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE.

Thanks for the link....seems that maybe Rusty shouldn't be in his 'high profile job with NASA'....he should be in the same institution as Andrea.
I agree, sounds like Amish wannabes except he had a job in probably the most hi-tech industry in the world.

Gotta love religous fanatics, regardless of what religion they belong to. Glad to see they finally passed a law barring protestors at funerals due to that nut job in Kansas. Even stranger is that you have the ACLU trying to defend them!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

> Welcome to BE.

Thank you, I've been lurking for over a year and finally decided to come out of my closet and actually become a member.

I feel like I know you all already, which is a bit spooky.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:34 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I've been lurking for over a year and finally decided to come out of my closet and actually become a member.

Hmmm, sounds like a possible NSA/INS agent checking up on us

Welcome
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

> Welcome to BE.

LOL yes it is, welcome aboard
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

> Welcome to BE.

hey there cinnabar, welcome.... why not start a thread and tell us all about yourself....cheers
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
I'm with snowbunny on this one.

She should be institutionalized for life. She had terrible PPD. Having lived through it with my last one, I can understand why she snapped. I was fortunate in that I had good friends and family around to help.

Brooke Shields has said that when she was going through it with hers, she fantasized about throwing her baby against the wall. I can't imagine what it must have been like to live through it with no help from him and four other small kids to look after.

It is a terrible tragedy.
I know what you mean about the PPD. I had it with my last child. I just couldn't understand why I had the horrible thoughts about my precious baby that I did, thankfully it wasn't bad enough that I acted on any of them. I truly feel for the people that have it worse than I did.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:42 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Hmmm, sounds like a possible NSA/INS agent checking up on us

Welcome
As long as its not IRS!! Already paranoid from having 2 of them living next door!!

Welcome from way down here too - nice part of the country you're in!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:44 pm
Slight chance of Showers

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I know what you mean about the PPD. I had it with my last child. I just couldn't understand why I had the horrible thoughts about my precious baby that I did, thankfully it wasn't bad enough that I acted on any of them. I truly feel for the people that have it worse than I did.
PPD is probably one of the scariest illnesses there is for a mother. Glad you got through it ok Bet you are not a Tom Cruise fan
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
PPD is probably one of the scariest illnesses there is for a mother. Glad you got through it ok Bet you are not a Tom Cruise fan
I've grown up considerably - he's not just a body anymore. His beliefs are a bit left field for me.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:57 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Therein lies the crux of my argument. You knew it was wrong and did not act on those feelings or thoughts. She knew it was wrong and still acted on those feelings and thoughts. IMO - she is a sociopath without a conscience or at best a borderline personality. These are mental conditions - they do not constitute insanity. Every day men and women walk out on their spouses and children because they can't handle the responsibility - I can live with that type of behavior. Drowning your kids is a little OTT.

I have personally wanted to punch my invalid mother in the face ...... more than once .... but instead I just snap at her instead - and then end up feeling guilty for having done that.

And why the hell is she looking all stupid and baby-faced in the courtroom all of sudden?!?!?! I THINK SHE IS A COMPLETE FAKE.

Hi, Cinnabar. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Leslie; Jul 27th 2006 at 7:07 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Glad you got over it. Mine was pretty mild, but still.

Whenever I see his name I want to use all the Greek words that I know, and yes, THEY'RE the only words I know in Greek..
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:59 pm
Slight chance of Showers

I've grown up considerably - he's not just a body anymore. His beliefs are a bit left field for me.
I know what you mean. Read up on wikipedia what scientologists believe and when I told my wife she was adamant that I was pulling her leg.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:00 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

> Welcome to BE.

Probably the best thing you could do. Most noobs usually wade in, all guns blazing, starting threads either to try and instigate a heated debate and then don't 'get' certains peoples humour or meaning or start threads asking what foods people miss from home (ie, been done to death)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.