Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American never heard of Mexican food?

American never heard of Mexican food?

Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:07 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American never heard of Mexican food?

Originally Posted by KetteringEnglandRocks2005
Well here is the Idiot of BE. Entertaining the members of BE for free.
I am just joking of corse.
Now lest get back
Old Nov 30th 2011, 4:13 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

It's not Mexican food but I just felt like it...

Hmmm...... sprout tacos.... might be onto something...
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Me either, but not to have heard, even a mangled pronunciation is pretty impressive.

I've not heard of most of the Brazilian meals either and I wouldn't expect folks not in the area to have either, but it's so in your face in this area, it's hard not to pick up at least some of the names, even if you don't have a clue whats in them
Pronunciation can be very important to a body understanding what's being said - it took me a minute the other day to figure out what city in California the CNN commentator was talking about when she said "La-Jolla". Should have been "LaHoya"!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:15 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Egg and Cress
Pronunciation can be very important to a body understanding what's being said - it took me a minute the other day to figure out what city in California the CNN commentator was talking about when she said "La-Jolla". Should have been "LaHoya"!
I remember my old boss cracking up when I said a client from "La Jolla" was on the phone!!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Uncle Ebenezer is a big softy as any fule kno.

Chimichangas
Frijoles, too!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Well here is the Idiot of BE. Entertaining the members of BE for free.
I am just joking of corse.
Now lest get back
There's a certain irony in an off topic post inviting us to bring the discussion back on topic

Staying on topic - I love Mexican food, I'm very glad the American I am married to has heard of it ...
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:19 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Frijoles, too!
I thought that was Mexican for "where the sun doesn't shine".
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I remember my old boss cracking up when I said a client from "La Jolla" was on the phone!!
My long gone uncle used to like to tell of one of his embarrassing moments while he was in the Navy during WWII & stationed in CA. He was told to take the bus to "LaHoya" in order to be at the base on time. He waited for 4+ hours watching buses go by, none of which were labeled LaHoya......the closest he could come to it was one going to "La Jolla" - he finally gave up and walked to wherever it was he was supposed to be. Apparently it took him several hours to get there, he was late and ended up on KP duty for 3 days or so!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

My long gone uncle used to like to tell of one of his embarrassing moments while he was in the Navy during WWII & stationed in CA. He was told to take the bus to "LaHoya" in order to be at the base on time. He waited for 4+ hours watching buses go by, none of which were labeled LaHoya......the closest he could come to it was one going to "La Jolla" - he finally gave up and walked to wherever it was he was supposed to be. Apparently it took him several hours to get there, he was late and ended up on KP duty for 3 days or so!
Oh Bless his heart
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I thought that was Mexican for "where the sun doesn't shine".
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:31 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tonrob
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...t_1455148c.jpg

It's not Mexican food but I just felt like it...

Hmmm...... sprout tacos.... might be onto something...
That just sounds gross and tonrob

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
There's a certain irony in an off topic post inviting us to bring the discussion back on topic

Staying on topic - I love Mexican food, I'm very glad the American I am married to has heard of it ...
Well that and the fact that if we do not the Mods will force us to get back on topic by getting mad at us and then they will start deleting our off topic posts.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 1:48 pm
Life goes on.

That just sounds gross and tonrob

Well that and the fact that if we do not the Mods will force us to get back on topic by getting mad at us and then they will start deleting our off topic posts.
Enough! Lest
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:20 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, sure ...
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:22 pm
Life goes on.

Aye, sure ...
Good save.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:24 am
Too young for BE

KetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant futureKetteringEnglandRocks2005 has a brilliant future

Enough! Lest
Agreed Mr. Ebenezer lest get back on

Aye, sure ...
Well I did have a post deleted once when I first stated posting on BE because it was completely off topic. But it was on the US Immigration and Visas section of the USA Forum where off topic comments are not allowed.

But then you are just going to say something against me so this is a useless post anyway.

Good save.
This is all your life is about Mr. Ebenezer. I know that you are having fun. I am so glad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.