Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Job Market

American Job Market

Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Job Market

Originally posted by Pulaski
Ooops! I got Presidents day (Wall St closed) mixed up with Veterans day (Wall St open), but otherwise ... if you don't believe me, check this list. ...... I win!
I stand corrected, 9 in all- wonder why we get a WSJ delivered on Good Friday and Martin Luther?.... there's supposed to be no paper when the stock exchange is shut. You were right
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Taffyles
I stand corrected, 9 in all- wonder why we get a WSJ delivered on Good Friday and Martin Luther?.... there's supposed to be no paper when the stock exchange is shut. You were right
Same reason that they publish the FT on Saturday, and I presume the WSJ too - they report yesterday's news and stock prices.

"Why they publish an edition on Monday?" is a more interesting question. How much has happened in the world of business and high finance between Friday evening and Sunday?
Old Aug 26th 2003, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
Same reason that they publish the FT on Saturday, and I presume the WSJ too - they report yesterday's news and stock prices.

"Why they publish an edition on Monday?" is a more interesting question. How much has happened in the world of business and high finance between Friday evening and Sunday?
Nope they don't publish on Saturdays or on seven of the public holidays either. Part of the function of the paper is for trading that day.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 11:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Taffyles
.... Part of the function of the paper is for trading that day.
Maybe they publish on MLK and Presidents day because in the global market the rest of the world is open for business?