Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Idol & Elton John

American Idol & Elton John

Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default American Idol & Elton John

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040427/325/es63a.html

Really ? I thought it was just shite.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

ejay1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: American Idol & Elton John

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040427/325/es63a.html

Really ? I thought it was just shite.

Yeah I would vote for Fantasia, if it didn't hurt Jasmine's chance of winning it all.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, its so racist, that a black guy happend to win last year.

Get back to what you do best Elton. Buying flowers and throwing tantrums

Old Apr 28th 2004, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Talking

I work with the CD on that show. I enjoy reading the reaction on these incidents.

Let's break it down shall we?

1) The show gets more media press and coverage
2) Elton John gets more media press (plus seen as someone "important" enough that his opinion _matters_)
3) The two "losers" get their name plastered everywhere, get noticed, and can probably secure recording/endorsement/television/magazine/press interviews and assignments.

The general public is stupid. All this is orchestrated. Even "Hung" is _orchestrated_ (gasp! someone stop the presses!)

Just to put things in perspective.

-= nav =-
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Funny how it was not rascist when a white contestant was voted off week after week.