Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

american express

american express

Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

nadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to all
Default american express

has any one else had experience with global transfer and american express credit cards?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:31 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: american express

i have been recomended to do this. However - when i asked the uk office about this they gave me a US telephone number. When i rang the US number the woman told me to do it online. She gave me an URL but I either wrote it down wrong or she was wrong as it didnt work - and i can find zero mention of global transfer in either the us or uk amex sites. so mines still set up as uk.

so if you find out how - let me know lol!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
i have been recomended to do this. However - when i asked the uk office about this they gave me a US telephone number. When i rang the US number the woman told me to do it online. She gave me an URL but I either wrote it down wrong or she was wrong as it didnt work - and i can find zero mention of global transfer in either the us or uk amex sites. so mines still set up as uk.

so if you find out how - let me know lol!
Its easy with The Centurion Card
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:59 pm
Brewtastic

BrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud ofBrewMonkey has much to be proud of

I had the same problem I think (it was about a year ago when I did it).

From what I can remember, if you dig around the UK website (try starting from your account page and going through the help), you can fill it in online. I'm sure I found it by giong to the help section in my account.

Filling the the form didn't fill me with much confidence that it was all giong to happen, but it all worked out great. I had a BA Amex in the UK, transferred this to be a US Amex, then changeed it into an AMex Blue card.

Well worth doing, as the credit limit they gave me was linked to my UK history and it's five times what I can get from a new US card.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

we did it and it was invaluable in establishing our credit history here. We have the blue cash with up to 5% cash back very pleased
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Its easy with The Centurion Card
LOL! Everything is easy if you have a Centurion Card.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bill_S
LOL! Everything is easy if you have a Centurion Card.
I keep sending them back .......
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:32 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BrewMonkey
I had the same problem I think (it was about a year ago when I did it).

From what I can remember, if you dig around the UK website (try starting from your account page and going through the help), you can fill it in online. I'm sure I found it by giong to the help section in my account.
i looked through everything and had no luck - if anyone finds a link please shout.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a few threads on this, worth a search, and welcome to BE
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

nadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to allnadnad is a name known to all

i have a platinum cash back card by american express in uk. wonder if tht can be swapped for a blue cash back card in usa?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
we did it and it was invaluable in establishing our credit history here. We have the blue cash with up to 5% cash back very pleased
I just got the Blue Cash card too after doing a Global Transfer. I tried doing it from the UK before I moved but they wouldn't let me and told me to ring back once I was here. I did it about 10 days ago and my new card arrived yesterday.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

We werent given a link on the net we were givne a phone number but we kept our UK one anyway!!!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by English Muffin
I just got the Blue Cash card too after doing a Global Transfer. I tried doing it from the UK before I moved but they wouldn't let me and told me to ring back once I was here. I did it about 10 days ago and my new card arrived yesterday.
hi - wht card did u originally have in uk? and wht procedure did u follow once u reached usa?
cheers
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:48 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I keep sending them back .......
I like my charge card a LOT

I ordered a new pc case from a shady looking website that failed to materialise in a timely fashion

phoned amex and in a minute they had the charge disputed...
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nadnad
hi - wht card did u originally have in uk? and wht procedure did u follow once u reached usa?
cheers
I had the Platinum card in the UK and I just followed these instructions to do the Global Transfer http://www.americanexpress.com/globa...nsfer_en.shtml
You have to know which card you want first - they have over 20 to choose from. I chose the 'Blue Cash' card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.