Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American accent

American accent

Old Apr 12th 2011, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

CandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really niceCandyBelle is just really nice
Default Re: American accent

I love doing it. It just cracks me up. Although works high ways, my hubby has become very English. He says mate after every other word!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 12:28 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margaretmwilson
I'm from North East of England (near Newcastle upon Tyne) so have a Geordie accent. I've had people ask if I'm Scottish, Irish, Australian and Canadian! It does make me laugh though. When I go to the stores, the Mall etc and anyone hears my accent they always stop and talk to me, I spent nearly an hour talking to one lady in the Mall, it's great and quite a good way to meet people too.
I'm looking forward to calling women 'man' lol.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

fromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to allfromthemanorborn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CandyBelle
I have to disguise my black country-born-in-dudley-in-the-west-midlands-Lenny-Henry-esque way of speaking so my In-Laws can understand me!
Ah dow d'that. Ah mek um waerk 'ard to understond wot a'hm sayin'.

What makes me laugh is my wife's attempts to imitate me. Since I've not heard a non-native Black Country English actor pull off the accent, (and no, Timothy Spall in Auf Wiedersehen Pet was terrible) I don't suppose I should be surprised by her efforts.