America

Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:20 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default America

..... a serious post.

Sometimes you get a chance to put on the brakes.......to take a look at the landscape instead of packing your lunch, cramming the kids on a bus and spilling coffee on your clean trousers as you clamber, half asleep, into your car to begin another frantic early morning commute..........

A moment of reflection, a period to have a critical look at the stuff life is made of and say.......

Why'd you move here anyway? For money.....cuz the OH got a job......cuz it rained too much back home. Whatever......it wasn't exactly a trip to the nearest Spar was it?

What attracted you to this country? Is that dream/goal/interest still there after all? Easy to say no, when you only dwell on the negatives......not wishing/able to say yes. Yes implies losing self or.......but it doesn't.

So you go up all the alleys, try this and that......get down/get high. Its right there in your face......the whole time. That "bar" is just a pub in disguise, the neighbor who wont talk to you is intimidated by your "foreigness"....shit! he's never even been out of the state.......so push it again and see if they crack. So what if salad cream is off the menu? Ever tried napalm-hot Buffalo wings with blue cheese and Miller? Why? Cuz it aint "Brit"........fu/k.

So it ain't right? Its a round hole and you are a square peg.........fair comment. Ok, ok......just trying to say......there's an old landscape in the corner which may need a dust-off.....get out the pledge and see? You may be very surprised at the brushwork......could be an undiscovered old master.

All the best.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: America

A bit early to be drinking isn't it mate?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:51 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

why when I see "this is a serious post" from you I want to laugh
I enjoyed your rambling thoughts and got it.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:03 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Collins

Lyrics to BACK HOME

Some folks say home is where you hang your hat
Others say it's where your heart belongs
I've hung my hat on many walls
And gave my heart away
But never really felt like I belong.

And what I find is peace of mind
Is the closest thing I know
I'm going to lose myself in the mountains
To find my way back home

I left home with my guitar
When I was seventeen
I had dreams to make it on my own
But I sold my dreams to pay the rent
I hope I'm not too late
I hope that I can find my way back home

Last night I heard the highway call
At one time we were friends
Saying ride with me until the pavement ends
A thousand miles of blacktop road
Can only get you close
It's up to you to find your heart again

To find my way back home
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

If you are asking are we happy, have we done all we set out to do ? ... I am in the frame of mind to answer you, but I'll warn you it may drag out a bit

I first came to this area on holiday in 1992 with my previous wife and my son who so wanted to fly the ocean and see America, I myself didn't want to fly and didn't want to see America, I did it for my little boy !
As it happens I thought and still do that Lake George came to be the most beautifull place on earth, I came back every year on holiday and made loads of good friends, not tourists, locals, ..... a telephone rapair guy, a mechanic, store keepers, drunks in bars, EMS workers etc. I felt that I had more friends here than back there, but knew it was just holidays and living here would not be as much fun, then I met Kate !!!!!!!!!!!!! We became great friends first then fell in love. My Son & Daughter who were by now working and pretty much adults hed been ignoring me for ages and I always said I felt that if they thought so little of me I would go away........... they pretty much gave me the impresion they didn't care, so one day Kate and Seth arraive on a aplane at gatwick, spent 10 days at my house while I got things prepared and we came back here. I didn't desert my kids.... they wouldn't come. I had sold the housefor cash but paid the mortgage for 3 months untill it was final, my daughter was already living with her shitty boyfriend, and I found a flat for my son and paid the deposit.
Everyone said I married kate for a green card and would one day dump her, they can all eat their words now
We are more in love than ever, we have gone from struggling in a run down trailer to owning a beautiful house in a beautiful area, we have Seth (my step son) and Sadie (born almost 5 years ago now). I didn't marry Kate for a green card, I did it for love.
My Son has since visited us and we go back over almost every year, he see's how we live and how happy we are and knows what I did I did for good reasons, he loves his little sister and Kate.
Since living here I can say I have seen almost the whole country as a part of my job and I love it, Kate is rather envious as she hasn't seen it all and she is american.
I have stood next to aligators in FL, crossed the whole of TX on desert roads, seen Vegas, crossed mountains over 8,000 feet, driven in hot desert roads for hours without seeing a living soul, then climbed snow covered mountains in the same day, driven from the east coast to the west coast on a single highway, watched the sun rise over Mt Hood from a hillside on the Pacific coast, stopped at Indian reservations, and slept in Dodge City, been in temps as low as minus 50f in New Hampshire and Maine and spent the night in Death Valley ............ I have seen this country and I still am in awe of it
Every day is a new experience and although my job has changed and I am now just a north east driver I still find it wonderfull, I long for every time I get home and see my wife and kids, I just wish the other 2 were here.
I wouldn't move back to the UK and live a life like that ever again.

In all ...... I have been there, done that, I love America

Last edited by Patrick Hasler; Jun 30th 2007 at 1:48 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:35 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Very good Patrick.... would have bought a tear to my eyes if I
was an person of emotions
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Raymond .................. Your avitar alone gives me emotions
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
...I have stood next to aligators in FL, crossed the whole of TX on desert roads, seen Vegas, crossed mountains over 8,000 feet, driven in hot desert roads for hours without seeing a living soul, then climbed snow covered mountains in the same day, driven from the east coast to the west coast on a single highway, watched the sun rise over Mt Hood from a hillside on the Pacific coast, stopped at Indian reservations, and slept in Dodge City, been in temps as low as minus 50f in New Hampshire and Maine and spent the night in Death Valley ............ I have seen this country and I still am in awe of it
........In all ...... I have been there, done that, I love America
I used to feel like that...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:51 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
hello ray i am back ha ha ha ha!!!!!
so what are you doing on the 4th?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 1:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
hello ray i am back ha ha ha ha!!!!!
so what are you doing on the 4th?
Bit of hunting ....shoot a few thing ..
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:01 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bit of hunting ....shoot a few thing ..
what do you want to talk about? the greatness of which country?
i have a bit of a theory ( i have many theories about many things) this one is about migration...
it is an age old thing isn't it for humans to do that...
so when we go off and live somewhere else is it because of our "adventurer genes"....
going out to seek strange new worlds...and strange new beings...to boldly go where no man has gone before..............
the rest of the theory is that western worlds sell themselves to us.. so that they have a mobile work force.....
that is why there are so many tv programs from USA, UK and Australia on the telly to sell "the dream" to us.......
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elvira
I used to feel like that...
Yeah ..... Then 'WHY' came along
Old Jun 30th 2007, 2:05 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah ..... Then 'WHY' came along
best ignored...

Anyway, I thought your post was lovely.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:09 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Driving passed the bay...deep endless blue sky...clear clean water...fresh air...lovely summers day...who could ask for more...ask me if I love this place after trying to find food in the super market that does not cost an arm and a leg because the tourist are in town...you'll get a different story....

I know one thing....I moan about the Cape a lot...but I will miss this place more than I did the UK once I move away...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:17 pm

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
why when I see "this is a serious post" from you I want to laugh
I enjoyed your rambling thoughts and got it.
Lady, I never ramble.........wander aimlessly in a general direction, perhaps.
Glad you got it tho.....

If you are asking are we happy, have we done all we set out to do ? ... I am in the frame of mind to answer you, but I'll warn you it may drag out a bit ..............Every day is a new experience and although my job has changed and I am now just a north east driver I still find it wonderfull, I long for every time I get home and see my wife and kids, I just wish the other 2 were here.
I wouldn't move back to the UK and live a life like that ever again.

In all ...... I have been there, done that, I love America
Good for you. Lake George is nice.......used to go there when we lived in Johnstown. Its certainly different on your side of the blue line........stunning after a snowstorm or in the Fall.......no doubt.

Not changing the avatar tho.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.