Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Am I a racist - I hope not

Wikiposts

Am I a racist - I hope not

Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I a racist - I hope not

Originally Posted by exvj
just kiddin I am only an atheist - then they will relax and smile with relief !
I wouldn't be too sure.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to reply that I am a devil worshiper and when they look horrified I will say - just kiddin I am only an atheist - then they will relax and smile with relief ! It's a joke by the way in case you have lost your brit humour as well as your waistlines. . I know Lagrange, Georgia and I know Madison Wisconsin - that as different as Bejing and Barnsley so I know there will be somewhere for me
When they get in your face about religion which they can do, I do try my best to be nice but it's so very hard
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:28 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
No to both questions. I'm just pointing out that your strange assumption about the US being welcoming to atheists is incorrect.
Never said that - you have enough dirt on me without having to invent it - I said there are plenty of atheists and even brit type liberals. You must know one thing about me already and that is I dont wait to be welcomed - not in this forum and not in the US. I am not pussy footing round anyone because I am who I am I am not cringing to suit you guys or a bunch of religious extremists either - you wouldnt expect a Yorkshire Brit to do that would you ?
I know it wouldnt please you if I did. You really should start swearing at me if I was like that.

I will tell you something else too you owners of the forum - you big fish in a small pool - The US is too big and complex for even you omniscients to have detailed knowledge of and I don't care how long you have been there. If you have been there 20 years you have probably got one year's experience 20 times over.

The US is very diverse and if I wanted to find A group of red panda worshipping transvestites who spoke Welsh, I know there would be at least 10 such groups.

I don't by the way
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:31 am
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
When they get in your face about religion which they can do, I do try my best to be nice but it's so very hard
18 months ago my brother in law asked me - I told him I was from 'a post religious society'

He is still trying to figure that one...

He probably thinks there is a church in England called the 'post'
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:32 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Never said that - you have enough dirt on me without having to invent it - I said there are plenty of atheists and even brit type liberals. You must know one thing about me already and that is I dont wait to be welcomed - not in this forum and not in the US. I am not pussy footing round anyone because I am who I am I am not cringing to suit you guys or a bunch of religious extremists either - you wouldnt expect a Yorkshire Brit to do that would you ?
Keep Yorkshire out of this if you please.

Some of the finest people come from that beautiful part of the world.

Seems you're not one of them.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

18 months ago my brother in law asked me - I told him I was from 'a post religious society'

He is still trying to figure that one...

He probably thinks there is a church in England called the 'post'
I thought you said you were leaving?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Keep Yorkshire out of this if you please.

Some of the finest people come from that beautiful part of the world.

Seems you're not one of them.
Thank you El.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:34 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The US is very diverse and if I wanted to find A group of red panda worshipping transvestites who spoke Welsh, I know there would be at least 10 such groups.
Swansea and Bridgend.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:35 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Thank you El.
Now don't get familiar

Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:41 am
Banned

I thought you said you were leaving?
Sorry I got lulled - people were only insulting me and not swearing at me and I thought they might be coming to accept me - I was wrong

ok exit stage left....

I might lurk a while to see who you are going to pick on next....

You are such a tight knit (nit) homogenous group who speak with but one voice.. a tighter clique than my pakistani neighbours who suddenly seem much more like my personal culture
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:43 am
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should move to America. It will definitely be a place that suits an adventurous spirit.

Actually, come to think of it, Texas is really nice -- the people are very friendly and willing to talk about atheism, criticize the President, and really will invite you over for a good drinking session too at the drop of a hat.

I think you are right -- they are just more accepting than British people, of different lifestyles and beliefs and so on.

I live here, and I can tell you that intelligent criticism of the President or announcing you're an Atheist never fails to get a party started here in Plano, I can tell you...

Come on over -- do you have a visa ready?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Sorry I got lulled - people were only insulting me and not swearing at me and I thought they might be coming to accept me - I was wrong

ok exit stage left....

I might lurk a while to see who you are going to pick on next....

You are such a tight knit (nit) homogenous group who speak with but one voice.. a tighter clique than my pakistani neighbours who suddenly seem much more like my personal culture
Perhaps you should take a look at our site rules...particularly this one:

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:47 am
@matthewb76

I thought they might be coming to accept me
I accept you as a bit daft.

in one post you mention not volunteering your Little England and then go onto mention "Brit type liberals"

I don't think you know what you're talking about to be honest.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:57 am
Banned

Perhaps you should take a look at our site rules...particularly this one:

4. Trolling on this site is not tolerated. We define trolling as any inflammatory threads or posts that are started with the sole intent of upsetting or antagonizing other members. Anyone found making such posts will be removed from the forums.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
Dear Moderator, I started a thread on a subject that interested me to see what people's views were. It was controversial I grant you that, but it was not started in order to be disruptive or to invite or give abuse.

However, I was met with a lot of personal abuse and name calling which apparently is within your rules as you don't mention that, and I was quite taken aback

All I have done is to try and stand my corner without any swearing or name calling at all and I even tried a bit of humour to try and soften them a bit.

If you think I signed up for some kind of cyber blood sport then I can assure you I did not

I assume you would not have been appointed a moderator without having a reputation for even-handedness but it is up to you..

thank you
Alan
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

So were you religious before you arrived or do you profess a religion now because you are scared of religious Americans?
Originally Posted by dbj1000
No to both questions.
Seriously dbj? Religious Yanks don't scare you? They scare the living crap out of me more than any Islamic fundamentalist group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.