Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Am I a racist - I hope not

Am I a racist - I hope not

Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:33 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I a racist - I hope not

I want to discuss culture/race and to some people, that is enough to call me racist. I don't think I am so here goes....

I am temporarily living in an area in England which has the highest % Moslem/pakistani population in the UK. In the supermarket, 70 % of the ladies have full covering and I can only just see their eyes...
99% of the check out staff are Pakistani (ok british asian) and I talk to them and find them generally very pleasant and intelligent and happy and clean. Much more so than the equivalent 'white English' youth in this town who are into drugs and booze and litter and ignorance etc etc

Nevertheless I feel uncomfortable as I did not volunteer or vote for my 'little England' to have it's culture changed to something nearer Karachi than Ilkley moor bah't 'at
So much so that I am looking forward to emigrating to the States - oh I know that Italians and Russians and Morrocans and Poles and Brits etc etc all like to keep their own culture but I expect them to be far more diluted as there are so many groups. I know some areas such as Miami etc are going to be mono-cultural and seem very strange and hostile, but I expect that these groups are going to be very loosely christian (I am an atheist), and therefore closer to my culture than a moslem culture

I suppose the difference is that in the US you get stoned and then commit adultery whereas in Blackburn, Lancashire you commit adultery and then get stoned

Having said that on many levels and on an individual basis I would prefer many moslem asians to the local whites, can I say that I prefer a christian/atheist culture to live in or does that make me a racist and therefore a bad person ? I know the moslems prefer their own areas and culture

alan
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I a racist - I hope not

Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Alan, you're not a racist.

just a tosser.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

just a tosser.
You found the words I was looking for...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:46 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

America! Land of the Athiest!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:58 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc

just a tosser.
Thanks Manc - I just joined tonight hoping this would be a good website - seems I was wrong if that's the best reply I am going to get..
I didn't rise to your bait though did I . Didn't I do well...
If I thought the U.S. is full of your mentallity I would be better off staying with the molsems - but I know different - perhaps all I need to do is associate with Americans and not run away Brits...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:00 pm
@matthewb76

maybe it's best if you don't speak bollocks.

stonings in Blackburn indeed.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This could get interesting....
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:05 pm
Homebody

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This could get interesting....
I'm getting my knitting
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:08 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
I want to discuss culture/race and to some people, that is enough to call me racist. I don't think I am so here goes....

I am temporarily living in an area in England which has the highest % Moslem/pakistani population in the UK. In the supermarket, 70 % of the ladies have full covering and I can only just see their eyes...
99% of the check out staff are Pakistani (ok british asian) and I talk to them and find them generally very pleasant and intelligent and happy and clean. Much more so than the equivalent 'white English' youth in this town who are into drugs and booze and litter and ignorance etc etc

Nevertheless I feel uncomfortable as I did not volunteer or vote for my 'little England' to have it's culture changed to something nearer Karachi than Ilkley moor bah't 'at
So much so that I am looking forward to emigrating to the States - oh I know that Italians and Russians and Morrocans and Poles and Brits etc etc all like to keep their own culture but I expect them to be far more diluted as there are so many groups. I know some areas such as Miami etc are going to be mono-cultural and seem very strange and hostile, but I expect that these groups are going to be very loosely christian (I am an atheist), and therefore closer to my culture than a moslem culture

I suppose the difference is that in the US you get stoned and then commit adultery whereas in Blackburn, Lancashire you commit adultery and then get stoned

Having said that on many levels and on an individual basis I would prefer many moslem asians to the local whites, can I say that I prefer a christian/atheist culture to live in or does that make me a racist and therefore a bad person ? I know the moslems prefer their own areas and culture

alan
There's nothing more obnoxiously stupid that someone saying that they want to emigrate because there are too many foreigners in Britain.

Hypocrisy like that can only takes a really special kind of dumb.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:13 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

alan
Good luck in the US. I think you're going to need it.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:17 pm
Banned

ok I have enough replies now and I get the message - it's just one of those 'bullying for sport' sites with no attempt at discussion really...

If you don't like my thoughts you could at least try and put me right by proper debate rather than just being abusive.

I see you guys don't use many words - what's up - short vocabulary to match your pecker and IQ ?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:20 pm
Homebody

ok I have enough replies now and I get the message - it's just one of those 'bullying for sport' sites with no attempt at discussion really...

If you don't like my thoughts you could at least try and put me right by proper debate rather than just being abusive.

I see you guys don't use many words - what's up - short vocabulary to match your pecker and IQ ?
Why use more words than needed...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll use more words and try to set you straight then.

Can you not see the absurd hypocrisy of moaning about there being too many immigrants in Britain, and to use that as your justification for wanting to emigrate to another country?

What makes you think citizens of wherever you choose want you in their country? Because you're white? British?

Certainly the vast majority of Americans wouldn't want a self-professed atheist coming to live in their God-fearing nation. You're as bad for their country as you see the Muslims in the UK as being for yours.

Explain what makes you different from any other immigrant of any other nationality, faith or colour, and perhaps we'll gain an insight into the kind of through process that makes you feel superior to those around you.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Few words can get a point across easily enough, and we are just reading in between the lines with you, we are not a bad lot honest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.