Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Am I an immigrant - I hope not

Am I an immigrant - I hope not

Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:25 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am I an immigrant - I hope not

I want to discuss culture/race and to some people, that is enough to call me an immigrant. I don't think I am so here goes....

I am temporarily living in an area in Texas which has the highest % Christian/Texan population in the US. In the grocery store, 70 % of the ladies have a full covering of makeup and big hair, and I can only just see their eyes...
99% of the check out staff are wetbacks (ok mexian american) and I talk to them and find them generally very pleasant and intelligent and happy and clean. Much more so than the equivalent 'white trash' youth in this town who are into drugs and guns and pickup trucks and Church etc etc

Nevertheless I feel uncomfortable as I did not volunteer or vote for my 'little bit of England abroad' to have it's culture changed to something nearer Mexico City than Dallas, The Series. And if it's not the Mexicans it's the Indians, Asians, and those damned Europeans. The place is just crawling with the buggers!

You see, it's not like I wanted to come over here and be American. Oh no. I'm a Brit, and damned proud of it too. I just can't believe that these Mexicans, Poles, Cubans and Muslims have the nerve to come to this, my adopted country, and behave like it's theirs. They don't even try to speak the lingo or eat cheeseburgers.

I know that talking like this, many Americans will think I'm just a typical British immigrant, but they're so wrong. You see I know that my cultural superiority makes me different from those bloody foreigners. I mean, some don't even worship the Christian religion that I've rejected. And as for the Mexicans - they're Catholic, which has far less in common with Americans that an atheist like me.

These people shouldn't be allowed into the US, if you ask me. It's just wrong. They make people like me look like IMMIGRANTS, when nothing could be further from the truth.

What do you all think*?

*please don't tell me what you think unless you agree. I hate cliques where people disagree with me.

** by the way, I'm trolling in this post, but in an intellectually superior way. Any good British atheist will understand this, and leave me alone.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I an immigrant - I hope not

Pure class
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:35 pm
Pom tiddly pom

ali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond reputeali_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
In the grocery store, 70 % of the ladies have a full covering of makeup and big hair, and I can only just see their eyes...
Brilliant! Good laugh, love the bit about the eyes!!! In fact, I quite like you. Fancy a date?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

ace.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:42 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my god I'm actually laughing on a sunday night without a beer in front of me....excellent job mate, keep it coming..
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:46 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

Must have touched a nerve somewhere...
Calm down dear - too many cheeseburgers ? Cowboy jeans too tight ?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by exvj
Must have touched a nerve somewhere...
Calm down dear - too many cheeseburgers ? Cowboy jeans too tight ?
It certainly wasn't written for your benefit. If you can't see the humor in your original post ("I'm a liberal atheist, but I don't like all these foreigners so I'm going to emigrate") then you're beyond help.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:55 pm
Banned

exvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond reputeexvj has a reputation beyond repute

12.45 am - ok leave you guys to it

the mutual back slapping is a bit repetitive

sleep tight and keep your bug screens shut and your alarm sytems set

Alan
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:08 am
Banned

It certainly wasn't written for your benefit. If you can't see the humor in your original post ("I'm a liberal atheist, but I don't like all these foreigners so I'm going to emigrate") then you're beyond help.
You dont need to keep misquoting me - have confidence in yourself as you could have given me a good debate on the subject without that as you are plenty intelligent enough.

Thats twice you have done it - I didnt say I was a liberal - I said there were Liberals in Wisconsin

I note you didnt chose to move to Karachi Pakistan ? is there a reason for that ? oooh careful !

Did I say my move was primarily dictated by my cultural isolation in the Uk ? You have assumed so much and misrepresented so much and misquoted so much that we can't have a reasonable discussion about it.

Shame as I know you are a deep thinker otherwise you could not have devised the mirror image post, intellectually disconnected as it is in some regards

too sleepy to wait for the response....

goodnight fellow Britons
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good dbj
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Priceless...good one
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:42 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I like ..
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ace!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:34 am
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

that made my morning
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:39 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

I want to discuss culture/race and to some people, that is enough to call me an immigrant. I don't think I am so here goes....

I am temporarily living in an area in Texas which has the highest % Christian/Texan population in the US. In the grocery store, 70 % of the ladies have a full covering of makeup and big hair, and I can only just see their eyes...
99% of the check out staff are wetbacks (ok mexian american) and I talk to them and find them generally very pleasant and intelligent and happy and clean. Much more so than the equivalent 'white trash' youth in this town who are into drugs and guns and pickup trucks and Church etc etc

Nevertheless I feel uncomfortable as I did not volunteer or vote for my 'little bit of England abroad' to have it's culture changed to something nearer Mexico City than Dallas, The Series. And if it's not the Mexicans it's the Indians, Asians, and those damned Europeans. The place is just crawling with the buggers!

You see, it's not like I wanted to come over here and be American. Oh no. I'm a Brit, and damned proud of it too. I just can't believe that these Mexicans, Poles, Cubans and Muslims have the nerve to come to this, my adopted country, and behave like it's theirs. They don't even try to speak the lingo or eat cheeseburgers.

I know that talking like this, many Americans will think I'm just a typical British immigrant, but they're so wrong. You see I know that my cultural superiority makes me different from those bloody foreigners. I mean, some don't even worship the Christian religion that I've rejected. And as for the Mexicans - they're Catholic, which has far less in common with Americans that an atheist like me.

These people shouldn't be allowed into the US, if you ask me. It's just wrong. They make people like me look like IMMIGRANTS, when nothing could be further from the truth.

What do you all think*?

*please don't tell me what you think unless you agree. I hate cliques where people disagree with me.

** by the way, I'm trolling in this post, but in an intellectually superior way. Any good British atheist will understand this, and leave me alone.

Did you have $600,000 when you came to the USA? If so it is ok to feel superior to the wetbacks and ploes (with or without state subsidized Indiam fiancees)...but you are not allowed to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.