Aloha!

Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

kev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud of
Default Aloha!

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the site, it only took me 10 months to find it

So I moved to the USA, to live in Virginia back in November '05. That was the plan anyway ... a month later I ended up in Hawaii - ever so slightly different, and a job a couple of months later. Not too many Brits - met an Irishman who could literally talk for Ireland a few weeks ago, though.

Still, living only 5 minutes away from the coast isn't too bad ... but then, it's not Southend

Last edited by kev_in_hawaii; Sep 16th 2006 at 9:26 am.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 12:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aloha!

Originally Posted by kev_in_hawaii
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the site, it only took me 10 months to find it

So I moved to the USA, to live in Virginia back in November '05. That was the plan anyway ... a month later I ended up in Hawaii - ever so slightly different, and a job a couple of months later. Not too many Brits - met an Irishman who could literally talk for Ireland a few weeks ago, though.

Still, living only 5 minutes away from the coast isn't too bad ... but then, it's not Southend
Welcome to the site, glad you found us.

Sue
Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Aloha and welcome to BE. Hawaii....my favourtie place in the world....you lucky guy.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:37 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to Hawaii and I'm still jealous, how can that be!
Anyway,
Welcome to the site.
Old Sep 16th 2006, 2:39 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

poor you being stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere. we back in civilisation send you warm welcomes
Old Sep 16th 2006, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

hello
Old Sep 16th 2006, 9:21 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard.

Yorkshire Lass is in Hawaii.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

kev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud ofkev_in_hawaii has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the welcomes Ahh, you might think Hawaii is paradise, but try going to one of the Indian restaurants here, the food is _nasty_
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the welcomes Ahh, you might think Hawaii is paradise, but try going to one of the Indian restaurants here, the food is _nasty_

That wouldn't bother me....don't eat the nasty stuff.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 7:46 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
I think we have one more BE member in Hawaii - oh yeah its Yorkshire_Lass, she's our only other Hawaiian member now that Dog the Bounty Hunter is too busy catching criminals to come on and join us.

Eaten any spam yet?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That wouldn't bother me....don't eat the nasty stuff.
You mean like (shudder) ..Sp..sp...spam?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarah
Hello
I think we have one more BE member in Hawaii - oh yeah its Yorkshire_Lass, she's our only other Hawaiian member now that Dog the Bounty Hunter is too busy catching criminals to come on and join us.

Eaten any spam yet?
I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 10ft pole! Despite the unusual popularity off the stuff over here. Raw fish is quite popular too (yuck). You mainlanders are too lucky

That said, Mahi Mahi (white fish) is very nice. And you can get it in a burger too!

And thanks for the info - I sent a PM to Yorkshire_Lass.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kev and welcome to the board. So how are you enjoying your time in Hawaii? How does it compare to life in - was it Virginia? I haven't lived on mainland USA so Hawaii is my only US experience. I have visited other states though. Which island are you on? I am on Oahu.