Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Alli Diet pill

Alli Diet pill

Old May 25th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alli Diet pill

anyone heard of it? its that new diet pill that is coming out costs a fortune but if it gets rid of my belly fat nothing is too expensive:curse: Anyone had any experience? or read about it - apparently u need a loo nearby because its supposed to all come out via the waste disposal unit
Old May 25th 2007, 11:54 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alli Diet pill

Originally Posted by Deedee13
anyone heard of it? its that new diet pill that is coming out costs a fortune but if it gets rid of my belly fat nothing is too expensive:curse: Anyone had any experience? or read about it - apparently u need a loo nearby because its supposed to all come out via the waste disposal unit
been lots of advertising here....

www.myalli.com
Old May 25th 2007, 12:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

About as good as this ..
http://www.ancientwulongtea.com/
Old May 25th 2007, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The side affects are supposed to be pretty nasty. God I hope Leslie doesn't try it.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

When it first came out as a prescription pill it was known as Xenical and I was given some samples by the drug company to try out. I wasn't very impressed and I can tell you from experience that you really really have to be careful about the intake of fat because you really wont be able to control yourself (or rather control your bowels) A small slice of Pizza was all it took to almost cause a nasty Leslie type accident, thankfully I was at home at the time and within reach of the loo.

I think the OTC pill you are talking about may not be quite as strong so you may be okay. Be prepared to see the fat residue in the commode.....not a pretty sight
Old May 25th 2007, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I just read an article this morning. Alli is half the dose of Xenical, and supposedly has fewer side effects.

It works by preventing the absorbtion of some of the fat in what you eat, so apparently aids in weight loss.

Like everyone's said though... eat lots of fat and.... look out!
Old May 25th 2007, 6:19 pm
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

i have the same problem with belly fat. when i came to the states i went from 145 pounds to about 170, think it was the change in environment, not walking but driving even to buy milk, stress of the move, fast food diet and still drinking high calorie beers. i'm now down to a healthy 155 pounds.

i wouldnt recommend that you take the alli diet pills, its not healthy for your body to be put under that chemical stress. i would say that,
1) cut out all carbs
2) cut out beer, lager and other high calorie carb alcohol, stick with red wine
3) a protein diet with lots of vegetables
4)exercise, walk 3 miles with 3 or 5 pound weights everday
5) join a gym and get a personal trainer (if possible)
6) green tea diet pills are natural and contain healthy fat busting products

in 2 months you will notice a difference and start to lose weight. good luck!
Old May 25th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
i have the same problem with belly fat. when i came to the states i went from 145 pounds to about 170, think it was the change in environment, not walking but driving even to buy milk, stress of the move, fast food diet and still drinking high calorie beers. i'm now down to a healthy 155 pounds.

i wouldnt recommend that you take the alli diet pills, its not healthy for your body to be put under that chemical stress. i would say that,
1) cut out all carbs
2) cut out beer, lager and other high calorie carb alcohol, stick with red wine
3) a protein diet with lots of vegetables
4)exercise, walk 3 miles with 3 or 5 pound weights everday
5) join a gym and get a personal trainer (if possible)
6) green tea diet pills are natural and contain healthy fat busting products

in 2 months you will notice a difference and start to lose weight. good luck!
i dont do the beer, and i walk 8 miles every day. I am the stupid person that goes to the park and does the whole route every damn day...!! and nothing is working. I have even cut out the apple pie! I might try this alli for the short term and see what happens, thank god i have a laptop i can keep up with everyone whilst sitting on the loo, because it appears that is where i am going to be for the next month or so
Old May 26th 2007, 1:37 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

i dont do the beer, and i walk 8 miles every day. I am the stupid person that goes to the park and does the whole route every damn day...!! and nothing is working. I have even cut out the apple pie! I might try this alli for the short term and see what happens, thank god i have a laptop i can keep up with everyone whilst sitting on the loo, because it appears that is where i am going to be for the next month or so

then you are fitter than me!!! then its just hormones and age (please dont hate me for saying this). are you sure you really have a belly? if you sit, lean forward then of course your belly will go forward, natural. dont worry about it so much. i'd love to look like some delta force commando but im who i am a skinny brit with a paunch that i cant get rid of 'cos its genetically predisposed for it, its a euro thing, americans were force fed hormones via milk since the late 80's so of course they look like they dont need to work out (well some) just be happy and not too obsessed with your belly. (easier said than done, im obsessed with trying to lose it)
Old May 27th 2007, 12:12 am
You're all mugs!

dukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond reputedukeynorton has a reputation beyond repute

Dont bother with the pill; sounds like a bloody old school laxative! Walking, whilst good to get you going, will probably not shift significant amounts of weight. Many people kid themselves into thinking they are doing enough, but in reality their heart rate is barely raised above resting (you can test this if you are serious). Your aim should be to increase your bodies rate of fat oxidation (fat burning). To do this, you want to do prolonged moderate intensity exercise on a bike or treadmill. For example, try some light jogging and some swimming if you enjoy that (although beware as swimming can make you VERY hungry and many swimmers actually put on weight). Get this wrong and you end up burning carbs predominantly, which is great if you eat 10,000 calories a day but will mean the weight will be more difficult to shift. Combine this with some light resistance exercises and sensible eating and "you'll be right mate" (aussie accent).
Old May 27th 2007, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dukeynorton
Dont bother with the pill; sounds like a bloody old school laxative! Walking, whilst good to get you going, will probably not shift significant amounts of weight. Many people kid themselves into thinking they are doing enough, but in reality their heart rate is barely raised above resting (you can test this if you are serious). Your aim should be to increase your bodies rate of fat oxidation (fat burning). To do this, you want to do prolonged moderate intensity exercise on a bike or treadmill. For example, try some light jogging and some swimming if you enjoy that (although beware as swimming can make you VERY hungry and many swimmers actually put on weight). Get this wrong and you end up burning carbs predominantly, which is great if you eat 10,000 calories a day but will mean the weight will be more difficult to shift. Combine this with some light resistance exercises and sensible eating and "you'll be right mate" (aussie accent).
umm did the swimming, every morning 50 laps of the pool.... LOST ZERO!!

Walking i know i have to get my heart rate up adn its not possible unless ur walking at a quick pace. two and a half hours ... quick walking.... cant jog my boobs dont allow it!
Old May 27th 2007, 4:05 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Dont bother with the pill; sounds like a bloody old school laxative!
very simple drug in concept really. it stops the body adsorbing fat which means you end up expelling it via oily stools. less fat being taken in = less calories being taken in. not a laxative at all...
Old May 27th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

I'm the last person in the world who should give exercise advice, because I don't do it (I'm a fat lazy cow, really.) But I've read in a million different places that the only way to actually BURN FAT is to build muscle.

Which means, you have to do some kind of weight training in your fat areas to get them to go away. Exactly what I don't know, if you have belly fat, maybe you do sit-ups with one of those weights on your belly. But I know a lot of people who do all kinds of aerobic exercise and still have fat deposits that won't go, at that point they need strength and muscle training to burn the rest.

I personally can't be bothered to exercise. I would love to be skinny but I guess I don't want it enough to do anything about it.
Old May 27th 2007, 5:28 pm
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

If you're unsure about the new diet pill the best thing to do is slip it into a co-workers coffee. preferrably someone obese which shouldn't be hard to find here in the USA and see how they shape up after a few weeks.
Old May 27th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by haggerwood
If you're unsure about the new diet pill the best thing to do is slip it into a co-workers coffee. preferrably someone obese which shouldn't be hard to find here in the USA and see how they shape up after a few weeks.
hahha.... now why didnt i think of that one! Your terrible!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.