Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Allergy Doc Visit & Prescription Charges

Wikiposts

Allergy Doc Visit & Prescription Charges

Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:08 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Allergy Doc Visit & Prescription Charges

Originally Posted by augigi
It's $100 to see your PCP in the office? That's outrageous. It's $5 for a checkup and $20 for a sick visit for me.

Antibiotics are generally tried before allergy testing I thought. You can def get chronic sinus infection that goes on and on and can do damage so if it doesn't go away the CT may be worth it. Let's hope it's not necessary though!
Originally Posted by penguinbar
I agree. A $100 co pay with a PPO?
We have a big deductible - once we have met our limit we only pay 10%. Wasn't our PCP though, we went to an allergist in the same building, PCP visit would still have been about the $100.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
56 (yes 56) skin pricks and he is allergic to...drum roll please...nothing!!!

Could be non-allergic chronic rhinitis or sinusitis so she has given him some anti-biotics (hmm maybe we could have done that before the $300 allergy test) to see if it clears up. If not lets do a CT scan and some surgery - for a runny flippin nose and sneezing. Anyway lets add another $47 bucks to the total so far for the meds. Don't know what's going on with our prescription plan this year!
I remember when the allergy doc suggested my daughter had skin pricks for to find out what she was allergic to. Like most kids she didn't like the idea...so as an incentive and thinking there would only be a couple of pricks...I said I'd give her $10 for each one. She was given about 100...luckily for me I managed to negotiate a total of $50.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I remember when the allergy doc suggested my daughter had skin pricks for to find out what she was allergic to. Like most kids she didn't like the idea...so as an incentive and thinking there would only be a couple of pricks...I said I'd give her $10 for each one. She was given about 100...luckily for me I managed to negotiate a total of $50.
Flake!!! Pay her what she's due - plus interest!! Theres a "life lesson" there ........ for both of you

My mum got caught similarly out a few years back when my then 7 year old was doing a sponsored swim. She asked me how many laps I thought he'd do and I said about 30-40, so she sponsored him $1 per lap. He then turned out to be the aquatic version of the duracell bunny and did 150 laps!
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 2:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Flake!!! Pay her what she's due - plus interest!! Theres a "life lesson" there ........ for both of you

My mum got caught similarly out a few years back when my then 7 year old was doing a sponsored swim. She asked me how many laps I thought he'd do and I said about 30-40, so she sponsored him $1 per lap. He then turned out to be the aquatic version of the duracell bunny and did 150 laps!
You should know us Yorkies don't part with our brass easily.