ALDI

Old Oct 25th 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of
Default Re: ALDI

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In the UK they don't accept credit cards, bebit cards are OK. Even here in the UK we buy quite a lot at ALDI and LIDL, most of their goods are very good copies of the branded goods, in fact they are made by many of the top manufacturers, just rebranded.
We've found some really interesting foods at ALDI - they even sold some Irish sausages (made here in the States, btw) a few years ago that were wonderful! Alas, they've never brought them back. A lot of their home brand canned goods are as good as the national brands; their canned green beans have more beans in the can than does Del Monte and they taste just as good. Some of their boxed convenience products don't quite make muster, but their meats are superb compared to what we can get here. Don't know where they get their pork chops, but the taste is superior to those at Kroger and taste much better; not injected with water to increase weight & price. The chocolates & jaffa cakes, etc., are much appreciated by this family!

As someone already mentioned, their "fresh" fruit sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. ALDI can be a boon for a tight budget, but you'll need to test their products - oh, and consistency is not their forte. What you find today, you may not find there ever again!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 4:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

In a taste test a few years ago when ALDI were selling baked beans at about 1/6 the price of heinz, a group of taste testers gave the ALDI beans the highest marks. The testing was done through the BBC.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 5:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No ALDI at all in my area!

Rene
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:30 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I tried their whipped yogurt (like Yoplaits) and I couldn't tell the difference except that it was half the price and there was 50% more product. Mr. Tamms tried the regular yogurt and agreed...two thumbs up. $0.37 is much better than $0.70 when you buy as much as we do.

The mulled wine was good also, so I'm going back this week to stock up for Christmas (in case someone else likes it).
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mikelincs
In a taste test a few years ago when ALDI were selling baked beans at about 1/6 the price of heinz, a group of taste testers gave the ALDI beans the highest marks. The testing was done through the BBC.
We tried them, too. OH liked them so we bought more - but something went awry, because they didn't taste the same as the first can. I'm pretty sure I bought the same kind the 2nd time...... Will try one more time, but wonder about quality control and consistent flavor.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

I have one of these at the bottom of my apartment block. ****ing awful.