Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

airport info?

airport info?

Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: airport info?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Only one zip lock bag is allowed in Newark.
Yep. I'll be there to change planes on 8 Jan to fly to Europe. And also with Continental.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

clairebear is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for confusing you all lol im really confused about the new rules when i fly i put my toiletries in with my clothes. i buy my bottled water at the airport

i was asking about both bags cause all this is confusing

when i put my toiletries in my check on bag (in the hold of the plane) does that mean they need to be in a clear bag?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairebear
sorry for confusing you all lol im really confused about the new rules when i fly i put my toiletries in with my clothes. i buy my bottled water at the airport

i was asking about both bags cause all this is confusing

when i put my toiletries in my check on bag (in the hold of the plane) does that mean they need to be in a clear bag?

When I fly I put almost all my toiletries in my checked luggage. I usually put them in carrier bags just in case they leak in the case.

At the moment...at Newark airport...any toiletries that you wish to take on board with you can only be travel sized, ie hand lotion, liquid makeup, lip gloss, etc. (I usually take nail polish remover on board 'cos I don't want to risk it leaking in the suitcase). All this must fit into one small clear zip lock bag...you provide the bag. If it doesn't fit in...it gets thrown away...if it's larger than travel size...it's thrown away...if you do not have a zip lock bag... everything is thrown away.

At the moment you are allowed to take a small carry one bag/case which may or may not contain a laptop...plus a handbag.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

When I fly I put almost all my toiletries in my checked luggage. I usually put them in carrier bags just in case they leak in the case.

At the moment...at Newark airport...any toiletries that you wish to take on board with you can only be travel sized, ie hand lotion, liquid makeup, lip gloss, etc. (I usually take nail polish remover on board 'cos I don't want to risk it leaking in the suitcase). All this must fit into one small clear zip lock bag...you provide the bag. If it doesn't fit in...it gets thrown away...if it's larger than travel size...it's thrown away...if you do not have a zip lock bag... everything is thrown away.

At the moment you are allowed to take a small carry one bag/case which may or may not contain a laptop...plus a handbag.

i just stick all my toiletries in plastic bags along with meds in with my clothes and laptop ipod cell phone ticket wallet money passport boarding pass meds for motion sickness and bottled water in my carry on bag and thats size of a school backpack
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

i just stick all my toiletries in plastic bags along with meds in with my clothes and laptop ipod cell phone ticket wallet money passport boarding pass meds for motion sickness and bottled water in my carry on bag and thats size of a school backpack

You should take all meds on board with you...in case your case gets lost!!
Unless it's a very small bottle of water that fits into the zip lock bag...you will have to ditch it. You may be able to buy water to take on board after you have been through the security checks.
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

You should take all meds on board with you...in case your case gets lost!!
Unless it's a very small bottle of water that fits into the zip lock bag...you will have to ditch it. You may be able to buy water to take on board after you have been through the security checks.

i would take the meds on board but they wouldnt fix into the bags theres so many of them cause its a three month trip and i cant go without either i could take some on board and left the rest in my bag for the hold

i can live with out water lol
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

i would take the meds on board but they wouldnt fix into the bags theres so many of them cause its a three month trip and i cant go without either i could take some on board and left the rest in my bag for the hold

i can live with out water lol
Are they liquid meds?
Old Dec 16th 2006, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Are they liquid meds?

no tablet form

sorry i just noticed that lol

thinki better go to bed

Last edited by clairebear; Dec 16th 2006 at 12:59 am.