Air ticket

Old Sep 6th 2003, 7:25 pm
abb
Forum Regular

abb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air ticket

Why is it that one-way air ticket to US cost more than Return??
Is it possible to buy a holiday package to Florida and only use it for travelling to Fl only?
Old Sep 6th 2003, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

SueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond reputeSueIP has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya!

We did that last year but it was unintentional!! We bought a flydrive ticket - but didnt go back and decided to stay in Florida for another 2 weeks.

I have heard lots of people do it - buy 2 way but only go the one way!

Does that mean that you have a date to go out then?

Sue
Old Sep 6th 2003, 10:19 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

You can do what the hell you like. Airlines are known for sending the heavies out to ensure you use your ticket.

Get here the cheapest way you can.
Old Sep 6th 2003, 10:20 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Should I say "NOT KNOWN" hehe
Old Sep 6th 2003, 11:05 pm
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Was in the travel agencies yesterday trying to get a decent price back to the UK for xmas...$800 man. Looks like I will have to wait until spring break to go
Old Sep 7th 2003, 1:35 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tony_2003
Was in the travel agencies yesterday trying to get a decent price back to the UK for xmas...$800 man. Looks like I will have to wait until spring break to go
Have you tried Northwest?
http://www.nwa.com/
They appear to have some good deals going right now.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 3:40 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I'll have a look.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Tony;

Not sure where you reside, however try BA's website. If one travels fom San Francisco on Dec 17th and return Jan 6th, you will be looking at $401.00 plus taxes etc, for a round trip.

We flew BA on May31st from San Fran to LHR for a total of $878.00 for TWO people. Check their web site daily, as prices change all the time. The price we paid went up 50% four days later; just keep checking. Tenacity pays! Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Britfrombristol is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to www.expedia.co.uk and select the one-way option.

As stated by someone recently, Northwest is having a sale and so is KLM. Both of these are coming up with cheaper one way rates than return. It may be only a few £'s cheaper depending on the day of the week and month you intend to fly, but it might be worth checking out.

Good luck.

Andy
Old Sep 7th 2003, 11:52 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Britfrombristol
<snip>depending on the day of the week and month you intend to fly, but it might be worth checking out.

Good luck.

Andy
Yep. Travelling middle of the week is quite a bit cheaper.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 1:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Poshpaws
..... We flew BA on May31st from San Fran to LHR for a total of $878.00 for TWO people. Check their web site daily, as prices change all the time. The price we paid went up 50% four days later; just keep checking. Tenacity pays! Good luck.
My mother flew a few days earlier than that and a round trip of ten days from Gatwick to Charlotte cost her £210, including taxes!

The prices certainly do vary, but if you are flying outside of a peak time (summer, Christmas, Easter etc) then the best prices are often in the last two weeks before the flight. My mother only booked her flight about twelve days before she flew.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:06 pm
Get em out by Friday

Thanks guys.
I am travelling out of Portland Oregon which is part of the problem because there arent many direct flights...in fact there are no direct flights from Portland to anywhere in Europe, most of them stop off on the East coast before going to Britain, which costs a bit more than your average flight out of the States.

NWA came up with the same $800 price tag...havent tried expedia yet, but I will. Where is Charlotte? That seems like one hell of a good deal mate. I was actually told that Christmas WAS a peak time to travel though

Poshpaws if I can find a cheap flight from Oregon to san fran then that could well be an option we would go for...does that price for two people include tax? Right i'm off to check expedia.

cheers
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

NWA .. shudder ... we arrived here on a NWA DC10 complete with creaks n leaks .... YUK wont be travelling with them again

Jan
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Britfrombristol is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony,

I posted the UK Expedia site earlier thinking you were based in the UK. The US version is www.expedia.com

Since I was already looking at flights on there this evening for my wife and I, I went ahead and looked at prices for Portland. If you leave out on or before the 22nd of December on a Monday-Thursday, it is coming up with a fare of $535 for a flight to London.

Hope that helps.

Andy
Old Sep 8th 2003, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony;

Yes, that price included everything to England.

Try using Southwest or Alaska Air to San Fran.Then get on the best deal going from San Fran to England. Think you'll still save a bunch. The reason they charge you so much up there is, they know they have you by the short and curlies! Play them at their own game, and check around. I have found my best deals by being tenacious. If you want some good cruise sites also, let me know.

Good luck, always happy to help out a Brit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.