Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

age difference, a flag rise

age difference, a flag rise

Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

RobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to all
Question age difference, a flag rise

We haven't filed our I-751 yet, but already so nervous. I'm 38 (allien), my wife (American) 54. In our first interview for the temporary GC the first thing the officer brought up was the age difference, and he said it was an issue. I just told him the truth, we cannot choose to love this or that person, it just happens, and my wife really takes care of herself, she looks great and at least 10 years younger than her real age. After I explained it to him the interview went really smooth and he was really nice. Now that it's time to apply for the permanent GC I'm just wondering if it's gonna be an issue again. Anyone here in the same situation? Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2007, 7:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: age difference, a flag rise

Originally Posted by RobertoSantos
We haven't filed our I-751 yet, but already so nervous. I'm 38 (allien), my wife (American) 54. In our first interview for the temporary GC the first thing the officer brought up was the age difference, and he said it was an issue. I just told him the truth, we cannot choose to love this or that person, it just happens, and my wife really takes care of herself, she looks great and at least 10 years younger than her real age. After I explained it to him the interview went really smooth and he was really nice. Now that it's time to apply for the permanent GC I'm just wondering if it's gonna be an issue again. Anyone here in the same situation? Thanks
Hi Roberto,

I am a female USC, and I am 13 years older than my alien husband. It was not an issue at any point during his immigration process - not for the K-1, not for his AOS interview, and not for the Removal of Conditions. He now has his 10-year green card, which he just got this past summer.

In my opinion, your age difference should not be an issue.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

bluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud ofbluesails has much to be proud of

There have been plenty of couples where the wife was older than the husband and it was viewed, simply on that fact alone, as a fraudulent marriage. However, all of those accusations I am familiar with occured at the consular level.

Given you and your wife are living together here now and you presumably have plenty of evidence, it should be a non-issue for the I-751.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

RobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to allRobertoSantos is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply guys. The whole process is so nerve wracking, can hardly wait to the end, hopefully a happy one.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:03 pm
Phil0stine

PHIL0STINE is an unknown quantity at this point

Roberto ,

My Wife is 13 years older than me i'm 46 and a she's a US citizen,

From my arrival in Dec 2003, marraige in Jan 2004 and now to receiving my 10 year green card this April (using the K1 route), we had no problematic questions about the age difference.

You could hold hands at your interview!

Phil in Philadelphia
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry to ask, but what is K-1?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobertoSantos
Sorry to ask, but what is K-1?
K-1 is a fiance visa.