Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Affidavit of support

Affidavit of support

Old Oct 9th 2002, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Affidavit of support

Can anybody please clear up some confusion i have regarding the affidavit of support for a fiance based submission.
I am due to post to Vermont the 129F with the 2 bio's, but i am confused as to the need to send the affidavit I-134. Does this need to be sent with all the supporting evidence and has this form been superceeded by the I-184.

Any feed back would be greatfully received.
Old Oct 9th 2002, 9:09 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affidavit of support

Originally posted by robclews:
Can anybody please clear up some confusion i have regarding the affidavit of support for a fiance based submission.
I am due to post to Vermont the 129F with the 2 bio's, but i am confused as to the need to send the affidavit I-134. Does this need to be sent with all the supporting evidence and has this form been superceeded by the I-184.

Any feed back would be greatfully received.
Wow, here's a question to which I know the answer!

The I-134 does not need to be sent to the Service Center with the petition. The I-134 gets sent *to your fiancee* (the original, I believe, and you should also keep a copy!) for her to take *to her interview* at the embassy or consulate after your petition is approved.

The I-184 is the financial affadavit that gets filled out by both of you jointly, after she is here and you're married, and have applied for her adjustment of status.

If there's anything I have forgotten or been unclear about, I'm sure others will set me straight! Hope this helps.
SecretGarden
Old Oct 9th 2002, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your speedy responce, actually i'm wearing my fiance's hat i am actually the Uk resident she is applying as the US citizen. However she is at work and im over visiting to fill and post while i'm here. There always seems to be so many forms spinning around in my head and i at last found this site.

Can i send my forms to the London US embassy at the same time as the petition is posted here, and will it save any time ? or should i hold until the approval is granted from Vermont.

Thanks for your help,

Rob Clews
Old Oct 9th 2002, 9:22 pm
ScarlettHill

Originally posted by robclews:
Thanks for your speedy responce, actually i'm wearing my fiance's hat i am actually the Uk resident she is applying as the US citizen. However she is at work and im over visiting to fill and post while i'm here. There always seems to be so many forms spinning around in my head and i at last found this site.

Can i send my forms to the London US embassy at the same time as the petition is posted here, and will it save any time ? or should i hold until the approval is granted from Vermont.

Thanks for your help,

Rob Clews
Hi,

London embassy are really good about opening provisional files so they can have your paperwork ready when your fiancé's petition is approved and forwarded to them. You can download the forms from the embassy website. If you don't have everything for the checklist it's woth sending the forms first with a request to open a provisional file and forwarding the checklist later. In my own case, and those of others I've heard here, it really does speed things up.

Best of luck.

Regards
-=-
Scarlett