Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

affadavit of support

affadavit of support

Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

mrpilock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default affadavit of support

my wife and i have filed i-130 spousal visa application at london , were living in uk me ukc and her usc and we are stuggling with some issues that hopefully someone can resolve for us.

form i-864 part 4 section E
1. on the affadavit it shows $ are amounts to be converted into dollars and then entered or just entered in £ sterling?

2. re type of asset real estate
can i use my morgage papers to prove house location,ownership and date of acquisition?

3. would contract between estate agent or brocure sufice for valuation of real estate?

4. in "OTHER" can aprox value of possesions ie,furniture,motor vehicles & other personal effects to be sold. be used here and if so would i need to get a writen proof from someone like house clearance agents?

5. do we have to submit my uk tax returns?

6. do my wifes and co sponsors us tax returns have to be notorised copys?

thanks again y`all

kind regards

keith & deb
Old Jun 20th 2002, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: affadavit of support

Originally posted by mrpilock
my wife and i have filed i-130 spousal visa application at london , were living in uk me ukc and her usc and we are stuggling with some issues that hopefully someone can resolve for us.

1. on the affadavit it shows $ are amounts to be converted into dollars and then entered or just entered in £ sterling?

2. re type of asset real estate
can i use my morgage papers to prove house location,ownership and date of acquisition?

3. would contract between estate agent or brocure sufice for valuation of real estate?

4. in "OTHER" can aprox value of possesions ie,furniture,motor vehicles & other personal effects to be sold. be used here and if so would i need to get a writen proof from someone like house clearance agents?

5. do we have to submit my uk tax returns?

6. do my wifes and co sponsors us tax returns have to be notorised copys?

thanks again y`all

kind regards

keith & deb
1. Convert everything into dollars. You should use the same numbers as on the tax returns, if you are referring to earnings.

2/3. Yes, mortgage papers are good. For an up to date valuation, an estate agent's quote is fine - no need to fork out £s to a surveyor.

4. Don't know for sure, but given they accept an estate agent's valuation for the house, your own estimate of everything else sounds in line.

5. No

6. Tax returns don't need to be notarised - a notary verifies your signature, but your tax returns are old documents which are already signed - but the affidavit has to be notarised.

There is a really good FAQ page on the London consulate website. The I-864 seems to account for the bulk of the questions.
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...iv/ivindex.htm
Old Jun 21st 2002, 2:20 pm
L D Jones

Default Re: affadavit of support

mrpilock wrote:
    >
[ ... ]
    > form i-864 part 4 section E
    > 6. do my wifes and co sponsors us tax returns have to be notorised copys?

If both you and your wife attend the interview only the sponsor's returns have to be
notarised beforehand in my opinion assuming the sponsor is not in attendance. I (USC)
attended the interview with my wife in London and did not have any documents
notarised (we did not use a co-sponsor). The person who interviews you will sign your
wife's I-864.