Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

advice please

advice please

Old Mar 3rd 2003, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

dave f is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

hello to all, i would value any advice you guys could give me concerning fiance visas me and my american fiance applied in september of last year for a visa and were told it would take sixty to ninety days, we have spoken to the immigration people six or seven times now and each time we have gotten a different story ranging from you should have it within two weeks ( this was two months ago ) to we are not working on them until possibly march of this year, its so frustrating when all we want is to be together so if anyone knows how to speed the process up we would be most greatful for your help and advice. yours sincerly dave
Old Mar 3rd 2003, 9:09 pm
Here and Loving it

mark19964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello dave,
will try and be some help here, basically visas are handed out on a priority basis and certain amounts for each individual country.

In my case as my wife is us citizen, its taken only 4 months from initial application in London to get final visa appointment this month ie issue of visa.

I would advise you as we were off the cuff by a member of staff at the us embassy, If you and your fiance have history that stands up, as in this is not a false application and all that, and of course you have lots of love.

Get married - simple, we did and im off to florida kids and all in 3/4 months for a new life, oh and dont forget to have some convertible assets between you from a house sale / savings etc.
you will need assets to show you can support yourselves, in our case a family of 4 we had to have at least, in assets a value of $120,000.

good luck to you both.