Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The Ads are better than the game!!!

The Ads are better than the game!!!

Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:21 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future
Default The Ads are better than the game!!!

Well i figure 'when in Rome do as the Romans' so i thought i would give the Superbowl a look.

So far the ads have far outweighed the entertainment on the field. Its such a slow moving game i just cant get excited. Honestly cricket is fast paced compared to this. Its looks like Soccer(football for the entire rest of the ****ing world) is the better game.

Still i tried and it could be worse it could be NASCAR!!

regards,

Duncan
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:03 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ads are better than the game!!!

Originally posted by Duncs
Well i figure 'when in Rome do as the Romans' so i thought i would give the Superbowl a look.

So far the ads have far outweighed the entertainment on the field. Its such a slow moving game i just cant get excited. Honestly cricket is fast paced compared to this. Its looks like Soccer(football for the entire rest of the ****ing world) is the better game.

Still i tried and it could be worse it could be NASCAR!!

regards,

Duncan

PMSL! It was like NASCAR today, whizzing round the market so my (USC) hubby could get back for the superbowl. And your right, the only noises I can hear from the family room are him screaching and guffawing at the adverts. Apparently they are 'just the best'!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:10 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ads are better than the game!!!

Originally posted by Duncs
.... Still i tried and it could be worse it could be NASCAR!! ....
Ah! Relief is at hand, the Daytona 500 is two weeks today. After three months off, my Sunday afternoons are taken car of until November! .... or maybe until September, as I'm really not sure that I can deal with the "post-season" cr@p that that weenie Brian France has come up with!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:29 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

My vote goes for the Budwiser ad with the romatic couple, candle and the farting horse.
I almost spat my wine out ..
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:30 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think i'll ever get into American throwball...a bit too slow for me.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:18 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

actually i quite got into the game

kinda wanted the Patriots to win - purely coz they are new ENGLAND - hell, thats as good a reason as many have?! Though, during the game I liked the panthers, the plays Delhomme made were good.......

i was told beforehand about the ads being good, though the father in law, didnt rate them as good as usual - i liked the one with the kids having soap in their mouths..holy ####

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

I never saw SOO MANY BORING super bowl ads in my entire life. This year was boring stupid and boring. Especially those annoying cadillac ads. They're were as boring as their cars.

-= nav =-
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Adds suck, so does Nascar

The game was great. Defensive battle during the first quarter and a bit, but then turned out to be one of the best super bowls ever.

For what its worth, watching the Super bowl is not the best way to try and get into the game. There is so much extra razzamataz, that the game seems much slower so they can get all the halftime shows, pregame shows and all those extra add breaks that help pay the billion dollar contract that the TV networks pay the NFL.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 4:45 am
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

first time i've watched a football match. exciting but give me soccer anytime.

The premier league rocks. Go gunners, GO!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gross50
first time i've watched a football match. exciting but give me soccer anytime.

The premier league rocks. Go gunners, GO!
I feel the exact opposite, but then I'm an American.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Poofs in Padding....Rugby is a much faster & tougher game...Then again we are the REAL world champions at that !

Swing Low Sweet Chariot........................................... .....................
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

sundavies is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched the game in the UK - went to bed early and set my alarm for 11:15pm - just so my boyfriend and I could be watching together. I have NO clue what is going on but I do like to watch - it all seems like a lot of running about and crashing into each other - but then I'm just a girl. But hey, at least I showed willing and watched. We were texting each other back and forth (he is in San Diego) for him to explain things to me - it made us feel a little closer. Did any other English girls do this for their American other halves ???

PS Obviously, we didn't get to see these fantastic ads you talk about - sorry !
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 12:58 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by excpomea
My vote goes for the Budwiser ad with the romatic couple, candle and the farting horse.
I almost spat my wine out ..
My vote goes to that one too!
The second half of the game was great, real excitement and plenty of touchdowns. Was routing for the panthers to win,..... until it looked like it would go into extra time, then it was "come on the patriots". Didn't want to wait until 11:30 before the All Star Survivor show, did I?
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, my wife was pacing the floor waiting for Survivor to come on.

What makes me laugh here in America, is that when a sports team wins a major championship, idiots in the winners home town almost always take to the streets as if they are suddenly in a Mad Max film and that they have been given the right to tear the city apart. And yet we are labeled with the hooligan problem

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:33 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a great game to watch and was rootin for the panthers all the way, only because Carolina is more south than the 'Pats' though.

Half time was awful, who on earth booked janet jackson? talk about scraping the barrel on that one.

Best Ad was the AOL with the Orange County Chopper lads, I watch them all the time and think there hilarious.

I actually find 'english' football to be quite a bore now, and very rarely try and find it on Fox. I can't stand the wusses that fall over every 5 mins clutching their leg like its broken in 10 places only to stand up and run around 2 minutes later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.