Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Adjustment of status affadavits

Adjustment of status affadavits

Old Jun 5th 2002, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

scotsman-usa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adjustment of status affadavits

Hi, I am going for my interview in 2 weeks and I am preparing the stuff the INS wants. They want 3 sworn affadavits by people who know my wife and I, does anyone have a sample of the wording for the affidavits?

Also, on my adjustment interview letter it says I don't have to bring my spouse but she is the one that patitioned for me to be here, we called INS and of course they didn't have any good answers.... has anyone else seen this... are we wrong, are we not "marriage" based?

Thanks!
Old Jun 5th 2002, 3:20 pm
Ranjini

Default Re: Adjustment of status affadavits

Of course you must go together for the adjustment interview if your petition was
marriage-based. About the format for the affidavits, I do have a link which can give
you an idea. http://k1.exit.com/751b.html Hope this helps. Ranjini

"scotsman-usa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, I am going for my interview in 2 weeks and I am preparing the stuff the INS
    > wants. They want 3 sworn affadavits by people who know my wife and I, does anyone
    > have a sample of the wording for the affidavits?
    >
    > Also, on my adjustment interview letter it says I don't have to bring my spouse but
    > she is the one that patitioned for me to be here, we called INS and of course they
    > didn't have any good answers.... has anyone else seen this... are we wrong, are we
    > not "marriage" based?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 5th 2002, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scotsman-usa
Hi, I am going for my interview in 2 weeks and I am preparing the stuff the INS wants. They want 3 sworn affadavits by people who know my wife and I, does anyone have a sample of the wording for the affidavits?

Also, on my adjustment interview letter it says I don't have to bring my spouse but she is the one that patitioned for me to be here, we called INS and of course they didn't have any good answers.... has anyone else seen this... are we wrong, are we not "marriage" based?

Thanks!
If you are talking about the initial AOS interview and not the sometimes interview for the removal of conditions, affidavits are not a necessity if you have ample proof of your comingling of lives and finances, etc. The affidavits are a definite requirement for the removal of conditions but optional for the AOS interview.

DO NOT GO W/O YOUR SPOUSE. One must remember that the letters and /or invitations and checklists that you receive from INS are more often than not "generic" forms and over many types of petitions and situations. From experience I know that w/o your spouse at the interview you will either be forced to return another day or you could have your status pending rejected.

Rete
Old Jun 5th 2002, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

scotsman-usa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info and the great link to some of the sample letters.
Old Jun 6th 2002, 4:20 am
James Donovan

Rete <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > scotsman-usa wrote:
    > > Hi, I am going for my interview in 2 weeks and I am preparing the stuff the INS
    > > wants. They want 3 sworn affadavits by people who know my wife and I, does
    > > anyone have a sample of the wording for the affidavits? Also, on my adjustment
    > > interview letter it says I don't have to bring my spouse but she is the one
    > > that patitioned for me to be here, we called INS and of course they didn't have
    > > any good answers.... has anyone else seen this... are we wrong, are we not
    > > "marriage" based? Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    > If you are talking about the initial AOS interview and not the sometimes interview
    > for the removal of conditions, affidavits are not a necessity if you have ample
    > proof of your comingling of lives and finances, etc. The affidavits are a definite
    > requirement for the removal of conditions but optional for the AOS interview.
    >
    > DO NOT GO W/O YOUR SPOUSE. One must remember that the letters and /or invitations
    > and checklists that you receive from INS are more often than not "generic" forms
    > and over many types of petitions and situations. From experience I know that w/o
    > your spouse at the interview you will either be forced to return another day or you
    > could have your status pending rejected.
    >
    >
    > Rete

This sounds though, as if he is referring to the i-751 interview. Maybe he should be
a little more specific.