Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AAARRRGGHHHHHH itunes cock up!!!!!!!

AAARRRGGHHHHHH itunes cock up!!!!!!!

Old Jan 24th 2005, 3:43 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future
Default AAARRRGGHHHHHH itunes cock up!!!!!!!

Im going bloody mad and wasting my time.......

I use itunes as my music player and win xp...

Well, i started moving folders that my songs were stored in, because under my wifes profile itunes would start up, but there'd be no library....whereas under my profiile it was fine.....

so i moved them to DOCS AND SETTINGS/ALL USERS/DOCS/MY MUSIC/SHARED MUSIC....... on the advice of a colleague

so now ive cocked it up, coz on my profile, when i click on a song on my library, it says it can not" locate my original file" and so won't play anything!!!!

ive looked on the help index, but can not find a cure

so, how do i tell itunes to look in the above folder to find the music

which pc savvy person can rescue me!!!!!

thanks and

ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old Jan 24th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AAARRRGGHHHHHH itunes cock up!!!!!!!

1.HAve you tried going to File > Add folder to library and then browsing to the new folder?
Old Jan 24th 2005, 4:42 pm
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

I tried thanks

its driving me so mad now, that im just gonna wipe it........ive got my songs on my mp3 player, so ill just download again i guess

thanks anyhow
Old Jan 25th 2005, 2:31 pm

James Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant futureJames Box has a brilliant future

All the files listed in itunes are pointing to the old directory. I don't know itunes, but you should be able to either: a) tell itunes that this file exists elsewhere, b) delete the list in itunes and reimport the files from the new directory or c) put the files back where they were and be happy again