Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AAA What a joke!

AAA What a joke!

Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:42 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Angry AAA What a joke!

I was on my daily treck on the road up to Auburn California today and this bloody truck goes past me like the clappers, and YEP smashed my windshield with the stones that went flying, I was doing over 70so not sure what he was at!!.

Anyway I call AAA I get through to a customer service rep, who puts me through to another one, when then puts me through to not sure who and she verified my details,and then decided that before the mobile windshied replacement guys can come out, they have to verify with another departmentso I go on hold, I kid you not 1hour and 30 mins later still nothing (on hold) so I gave up,but we had managed to arrange whilst waiting an 8-12 replacement tomorrow, that now has to be cancelled due to the fact it takes 24hrs to get the verification documented BOLLOCKS..

Drove back home with shattered windshield passed countless cops nothing

Needed to vent..
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAA What a joke!

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
I was on my daily treck on the road up to Auburn California today and this bloody truck goes past me like the clappers, and YEP smashed my windshield with the stones that went flying, I was doing over 70so not sure what he was at!!.

Anyway I call AAA I get through to a customer service rep, who puts me through to another one, when then puts me through to not sure who and she verified my details,and then decided that before the mobile windshied replacement guys can come out, they have to verify with another departmentso I go on hold, I kid you not 1hour and 30 mins later still nothing (on hold) so I gave up,but we had managed to arrange whilst waiting an 8-12 replacement tomorrow, that now has to be cancelled due to the fact it takes 24hrs to get the verification documented BOLLOCKS..

Drove back home with shattered windshield passed countless cops nothing

Needed to vent..
How awful Poppy.

I won't bother joining then.

I have some cover through the insurance co, but all they did when my battery went flat was send a tow truck with a man who thought Park Granada (a street) sounded like Granada Hills (another area altogether) so set off there.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:53 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How awful Poppy.

I won't bother joining then.

I have some cover through the insurance co, but all they did when my battery went flat was send a tow truck with a man who thought Park Granada (a street) sounded like Granada Hills (another area altogether) so set off there.
I just was amazed the palaver that went into it all to get a result.

And on the topic will I get the same exact windshield as I have now the car is only 6 months old, how can they keep every style and shape in stock
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I just was amazed the palaver that went into it all to get a result.

And on the topic will I get the same exact windshield as I have now the car is only 6 months old, how can they keep every style and shape in stock
I don't know, I did have to get a new windshield and I think there may be generic types.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I don't know, I did have to get a new windshield and I think there may be generic types.
then they better get the right one even if I have to wait for it
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:38 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a nightmare experience with AAA a few years ago. I went skiing and was heading down from the mountains at around 11.30pm when my transmission went out on me (it seized) so it was stuck in gear so one couldn't turn the vehicle on for heating. We were at the divide at one of the passes at around 11k feet and sat there like lame ducks. Frik N c-c c- Cold it was. "we'll have a tow truck within the hour" my @ss - one finally turned up at about 7 a.m. Basically spent the night on the side of a mountain. We were put on hold, given the run around, hung up on multiple times, laughed at and even a supervisor challenged our situation and had a smug attitude "what do you want me do about that". Later found out a tow truck wan't requested by AAA until about 5.30 a.m. I documented everything, and a friend with me pulled a few strings and not only ripped AAA a new one the next day but had the guy who was taking our calls and his supervisor fired.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
I had a nightmare experience with AAA a few years ago. I went skiing and was heading down from the mountains at around 11.30pm when my transmission went out on me (it seized) so it was stuck in gear so one couldn't turn the vehicle on for heating. We were at the divide at one of the passes at around 11k feet and sat there like lame ducks. Frik N c-c c- Cold it was. "we'll have a tow truck within the hour" my @ss - one finally turned up at about 7 a.m. Basically spent the night on the side of a mountain. We were put on hold, given the run around, hung up on multiple times, laughed at and even a supervisor challenged our situation and had a smug attitude "what do you want me do about that". Later found out a tow truck wan't requested by AAA until about 5.30 a.m. I documented everything, and a friend with me pulled a few strings and not only ripped AAA a new one the next day but had the guy who was taking our calls and his supervisor fired.
Makes my tale sound very humble
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:14 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes my tale sound very humble
nah, they bank on you/me giving up and not bothering after a while. the mood we were put in gave us determination to have heads roll. i wrote a six page bitchfest letter to them.

I had another horror once (didn't involve AAA) when this p/u truck infront of me left rear wheel came off and a lug nut hit my windscreen!! the force of it caused a small hole right through my windscreen. I felt as though I had hot pockets but not due to too much caffeine.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:36 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

IAnd on the topic will I get the same exact windshield as I have now the car is only 6 months old, how can they keep every style and shape in stock
Unless it's the dealer, probably won't be the exact same windshield, but shouldn't matter - it'll be the right style, shape, etc... Most places 'bring one over from the warehouse'. So you might have an hour or two delivery time added on - make sure they check the thing is in stock before you sit around all morning.

Depending on your insurance, you might end up with a nicer windshield. Shouldn't increase your premiums.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Starbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really niceStarbucks66 is just really nice

Used AAA a couple of times and have always had an excellent service. In fact last time they called me up to apologise because the tow truck was going to be 10 min later then they had originally quoted.

May be it depends on the area your in?
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Unless it's the dealer, probably won't be the exact same windshield, but shouldn't matter - it'll be the right style, shape, etc... Most places 'bring one over from the warehouse'. So you might have an hour or two delivery time added on - make sure they check the thing is in stock before you sit around all morning.

Depending on your insurance, you might end up with a nicer windshield. Shouldn't increase your premiums.
Luckily I have a $50 deductable on the windshield thats all thank goodness, so pleased I took that out.
They have already told me it will be just the $50 I can't believe it really the 1st brand new car I have bought and this happened mind you I bought it in October 07 and its got 9,900 miles on it
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Starbucks66
Used AAA a couple of times and have always had an excellent service. In fact last time they called me up to apologise because the tow truck was going to be 10 min later then they had originally quoted.

May be it depends on the area your in?

I was right up on the boarder of NV and CA and they reckon it was busy due to bad weather
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:34 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

You should have popped over for a cuppa and a hobnob with me....
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

That's far from my mums experience with the AA. Her car kept cutting out recently on the way down to her holiday and they were very good to her, not perfect though. At one point the truck followed her for around 50 miles to make sure the car was OK or see what happened when the problem hit. Last week she got a letter saying that due to some of things that happened they apologized and enclosed a £59 refund.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You have your car insurance with AAA? I have GEICO for full glass coverage and towing. For us would have been a matter of calling them, ascertaining the nearest auto glass replacement station and driving there ourselves to have the glass replaced then and there or if the car were not drivable they would have towed us there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.