Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

9 year old sneaks onto flight to Vegas

9 year old sneaks onto flight to Vegas

Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 9 year old sneaks onto flight to Vegas

Didn't see this posted, so hopefully its not a double post.

Anyhow, a 9 year old kid managed to get past through security, and onto a Delta flight from Minneapolis to Las Vegas, it was until the flight was in the air that the crew realized something was not right.

This is apparently not the first time this kid has caused issues at the airport, apparently the day before he took a bag from baggage claim, went to an airport restaurant, ordered meal, and then told the staff he needed to use the restroom, leaving the bag and never returning to pay.

His mom says she thought the kid was at a friends, and did report him missing once she realized he was not at a friends.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ding-pass?lite
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:46 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9 year old sneaks onto flight to Vegas

It is much easier for kids to sneak on board as people assume they are with the adult next to them. Also you stop a kid and talk to them you have an irate parent in your face. So kids tend to get overlooked.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:37 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
It is much easier for kids to sneak on board as people assume they are with the adult next to them. Also you stop a kid and talk to them you have an irate parent in your face. So kids tend to get overlooked.
Yeah, everyone's afraid of being accused of being a tiddy fiddler to bother get involved...

Back in the day, my dad ran away to Chicago as a kid, only for the cops to go grab him after a few days. He'd bunked at an aunts I think it was.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:53 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Same way I get into the airline club lounges when I've got time to spare at an airport.

Regards, JEff
Hogan said security footage showed the 9-year-old “waited until the person who was at the gate was busy, and that’s when he got on the plane.”
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised there was a spare seat ! I've never flown to Vegas on a plane with spare seats.

How did he manage to find one of the few empty seats without having to stand around until all the passengers were seated and not look suspicious?

There are usually crew at the plane door welcoming you on board and looking, again, at your boarding pass.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:34 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I'm surprised there was a spare seat ! I've never flown to Vegas on a plane with spare seats.

How did he manage to find one of the few empty seats without having to stand around until all the passengers were seated and not look suspicious?

There are usually crew at the plane door welcoming you on board and looking, again, at your boarding pass.
How? He sat in a seat. When the person with that seat came by, this exchange happened. "I think you're in my seat." "Oh, sorry, I'll move." Move to another empty seat, repeat. The cabin crew are too busy to pay attention to someone's kid playing stupid musical chairs games.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 9:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Same way I get into the airline club lounges when I've got time to spare at an airport.

Regards, JEff