Wikiposts

9/11

Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
So you agree with all the movies, and sudo documentaries. You think they pay respect to the loss of life?

To be honest I seldom watch TV so I really dont even know what's out there. However I will confess to watching on the PBS stations out of detroit a program they ran last week about the structure of the WTC and what happened to the structure when the plane hit and the effect the fires and heat from such had on the building. There was no mention of loss of life, etc.......just a technical report done by computer animation.....really fascinating.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by franc11s
I was going to agree btu the truth is.... they died for their and our freedom.. This forum reflects the free speech we can hold anywhere.

I was flying from Atlanta to Denver on Sep 11th 2001. We came down quickly in Tulsa and drove back the next day. On the drive back I remember the skies being empty. More so, when I got the Atlanta Airport Parking lot which was FULL of cars, each with their own stories.

God Bless freedom and liberty. We don't know how lucky we are till we see those in countries that have neither.

Message 54 really says it best.

Its the soldiers (men and women) overseas who risk their lives every day, who are fighting for our freedom. Canada who has always been known as a "peacekeeping country" has lost many many soldiers in Afghaniston - when our role was to keep the peace in the country.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chorlton
How is it all being treated in Canada today?

To be honest, I dont know.....havent watched or heard any news all day, and havent read the newspaper, although I hear that our local paper was filled with it. Im sure it will be on the 6pm news and I can always turn on CNN and watch their repeat......
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:58 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure what it is like in Canada, but I stand by the media circus statement I made about the USA. Maybe its because in the UK it was normal for your grief to be reserved and private; I know it was a very personal thing that I didn't want to share with anyone when my brother died.

I find it difficult to not feel repulsed by the media being more interested in sensationalism than the feelings of those affected.
I think this statement from Charles Wolf says a little:
"One has to understand the memories don't go away for the rest of the year, and all the attention on the anniversary can be very, very difficult,"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5321746.stm

Originally Posted by willmore
To be honest I seldom watch TV so I really dont even know what's out there. However I will confess to watching on the PBS stations out of detroit a program they ran last week about the structure of the WTC and what happened to the structure when the plane hit and the effect the fires and heat from such had on the building. There was no mention of loss of life, etc.......just a technical report done by computer animation.....really fascinating.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

My heartfelt condolances and sympathy to all those affected by what happened. The bravery shown by the recue services and the many ordinary people is inspirational, also the way in which it brought out the goodness and kindness of the people trying to help in their own way. I'll never forget the sounds of the firemens personal alarms sounding over empty ground or the pictures and posters from people searching for their loved ones. I have lit a little candle and have said a prayer for all, God Bless
Old Sep 11th 2006, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
I'm not sure what it is like in Canada, but I stand by the media circus statement I made about the USA. Maybe its because in the UK it was normal for your grief to be reserved and private; I know it was a very personal thing that I didn't want to share with anyone when my brother died.

I find it difficult to not feel repulsed by the media being more interested in sensationalism than the feelings of those affected.
I think this statement from Charles Wolf says a little:
"One has to understand the memories don't go away for the rest of the year, and all the attention on the anniversary can be very, very difficult,"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5321746.stm

We had a 10 minute clip on the local 5pm news tonite. Apparently CBC news ran a program last nite and today about 9/11. From what I understand the papers were full of the news. However I doubt that it was nothing to compare to what it was like in the states.

I guess everyone is after those glorified "ratings" these days. Everything seems to be a media circus. I can remember with the latest jonbenet news, the family lawyer speaking for her father, asking the media to please just let it be until there is proof one way or the other about the fellow. That he has his right to his day in court......but it seemed that the media gets on a roll and cant or wont stop - everyone trying to outdo the other and who are the real victims here.....the folks involved in 9/11 and other crimes.

The media seems to have really lost their conscious regarding right and wrong and their moral and ethical judgement.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:50 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

The media seems to have really lost their conscious regarding right and wrong and their moral and ethical judgement.
The media does what they're told to these days.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Chorlton
The media does what they're told to these days.

By who?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:12 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to agree btu the truth is.... they died for their and our freedom.. This forum reflects the free speech we can hold anywhere.
Hogwash.........
Even Osama Bin Laden said in his tapes, if you believe that he hates our freedoms ask you why he didn't attack Sweden or Switzerland.

They deteste our arrogant foreign policy.........
Old Sep 12th 2006, 3:45 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

By who?

Here's just a small example:

To a viewer, each report looked like any other 90-second segment on the local news. In fact, the federal government produced all three.
http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artm...ew.cgi/37/9592
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:24 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

By who?
The Illuminati..........
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:29 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine made the point that the attack on the towers were an attack on the world seeing as so many people from different countries worked there....
Old Sep 12th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
A friend of mine made the point that the attack on the towers were an attack on the world seeing as so many people from different countries worked there....
Al Qaeda could've bombed the UN building in NY when it was in session if they wanted to kill many more nationalities. No, the Twin Towers were chosen for different reason. e.g. tall building, in the finance district in one of the US's major cities.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:46 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Hogwash.........
Even Osama Bin Laden said in his tapes, if you believe that he hates our freedoms ask you why he didn't attack Sweden or Switzerland.

They deteste our arrogant foreign policy.........
Oh please, do you really believe that is all they detest. I too agree with message 54 but here you contradict that and give them too much credit.

In addition these MANIACS will kill / maime / hurt *anyone* who does not believe what they believe. Period.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:50 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Oh please, do you really believe that is all they detest. I too agree with message 54 but here you contradict that and give them too much credit.

In addition these MANIACS will kill / maime / hurt *anyone* who does not believe what they believe. Period.
They didn't wanna kill us when we were supplying them weapons to kick the Soviets out of Afghanistan.........so what's changed? unless your reasoning is flawed.....

so it has nothing to do with US military bases in Saudi or the support of Israel then?

ok gotcha......

Last edited by Manc; Sep 12th 2006 at 6:52 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.