Wikiposts

9/11

Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by Celsius
What's normal? It's not like aircraft are deliberately flown into tall buildings all the time.
What point are you trying to make?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
What point are you trying to make?
You wrote:
"I just don't think it is necessary to read all the names out loud every year. Is this normal?"

Not necessary for you but did you loose a loved one or do you even know anyone who died as a result of 9/11?

What happened in PA, DC and NYC was not normal by any stretch of the imagination so a ceremony that seems odd to you, may suit the occasion, the anniversary.

If you don't understand my explanation, you truly are dense...
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:51 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
You wrote:
"I just don't think it is necessary to read all the names out loud every year. Is this normal?"

Not necessary for you but did you loose a loved one or do you even know anyone who died as a result of 9/11?

What happened in PA, DC and NYC was not normal by any stretch of the imagination so a ceremony that seems odd to you, may suit the occasion, the anniversary.

If you don't understand my explanation, you truly are dense...

Can someone tell me who is reading out the names of all the innocents who have died in Iraq since March 2003?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:59 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't really matter whether you believe 9/11 was caused by Al Quaeda, The US Government or even Bernie Clifton and a resurrected Rod Hull flying into the towers, the fact is that 3000 people died who shouldn't have.

I find the media frenzy and "buildup" to be thoroughly revolting. 3000 people have, whether they wanted to or not, become martyrs to the American way of life.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Can someone tell me who is reading out the names of all the innocents who have died in Iraq since March 2003?
It's not Fox "News"...
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:05 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Don't turn this into something its not. Have some ****ing respect.
Spoken with eloquance...from the idiot who a few posts earlier asked where the 'puke emoticon' was.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Titchski
Doesn't really matter whether you believe 9/11 was caused by Al Quaeda, The US Government or even Bernie Clifton and a resurrected Rod Hull flying into the towers, the fact is that 3000 people died who shouldn't have.

I find the media frenzy and "buildup" to be thoroughly revolting. 3000 people have, whether they wanted to or not, become martyrs to the American way of life.
Media frenzy and a chance for fucks news to promote the Bush Party Line some more to a gullible public...pathetic.

A lot of people died in the twin towers that didnt live and didnt want the American Dream, they were just foriegners there for work reasons.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:13 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Media frenzy and a chance for fucks news to promote the Bush Party Line some more to a gullible public...pathetic.

A lot of people died in the twin towers that didnt live and didnt want the American Dream, they were just foriegners there for work reasons.
Just what I was trying to say in the last paragraph, thanks Mr Pyjamas
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:13 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
that's not the Murrican way though is it.......
the "Murrican way" idealy deals with people taking responsibilty for their own actions. In an interview with a lung damaged firefighter I saw yesterday, he readily admited that they had been told to wear and were issued respirators- however they 'were too hot and plugged up all the time" Hello!!!! If the respirator is plugging up, that means it's doing it's job- preventing the particles from getting into your lungs!! Why they were even allowed to be there without Personal Protective Equiptment such as respirators is beyond me... and indicates to me that on site supervisors were not doing their job.
It reminds me of the kid speeding 95 mph who rear ends another car, then sues because the other car was going too slow.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Come on folks - for just one day a year, cant we ALL put aside our differences and just pay our respects to all those victims of 9/11.

Do you really think this is how they would like everyone to remember them?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:20 am
Guttural Brumerican

Originally Posted by willmore
Come on folks - for just one day a year, cant we ALL put aside our differences and just pay our respects to all those victims of 9/11.

Do you really think this is how they would like everyone to remember them?
I wouldn't think so no. However, I'm fairly sure having someone bellow their name out on the telly wouldn't be the way either.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:23 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ironporer
Spoken with eloquance...from the idiot who a few posts earlier asked where the 'puke emoticon' was.

I think you'll find its "eloquence"
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=willmore]Come on folks - for just one day a year, cant we ALL put aside our differences and just pay our respects to all those victims of 9/11.

Do you really think this is how they would like everyone to remember them?[/QUOT

my commiserations go out to all the folks that died and the families left behind....imo the day is marred by the americans going ott although that appears to be the norm for them.

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Many of us have lost loved ones in other tragedies or events, but not all of us have the event turned in to a media circus. My heart felt condolences to those who lost loved ones 5 years ago. We all lost something that day. What is important is what we all take away from it, and learn from it.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Titchski
I wouldn't think so no. However, I'm fairly sure having someone bellow their name out on the telly wouldn't be the way either.

If it was the wish of the families and it somehow gives them comfort during the grieving process, who are we to judge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.