Wikiposts

9/11

Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:02 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Just wish they would have given more money to the firefighters & policemen who are now suffering with lung disorders etc.
I'd rather have a lung disorder than have 100 story building fall on top of me.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't understand why they feel the need to read the names out of everyone that died in NYC...the annual ceremony lasts for hours.
Don't worry. You're not invited to the ceremony...

I'd like to know what you suggest as an apt way, for a ceremony, to remember those who died.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:07 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Yeah, citing ridiculous and insulting conspiracy theories to make political hay, as you have done here repeatedly, is certainly "respectful".
Arguing with you is beneath me, and I will not be drawn into it in this thread.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:09 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I'd rather have a lung disorder than have 100 story building fall on top of me.
OK! but on a more serious note some of the rescue people don't have health insurance (apparently on some reports) or can't work and are struggling finances. I would have thought a big chunk of money should have gone to them and for continuing medical costs. They may just be dying slightly slower than the 9/11 victims.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:10 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

OK! but on a more serious note some of the rescue people don't have health insurance (apparently on some reports) or can't work and are struggling finances. I would have thought a big chunk of money should have gone to them and for continuing medical costs. They may just be dying slightly slower than the 9/11 victims.
that's not the Murrican way though is it.......
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:11 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wish they would have given more money to the firefighters & policemen who are now suffering with lung disorders etc.
Yep, a few thousand more victims.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4904188.stm
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:13 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
that's not the Murrican way though is it.......
thought I'd have to look up a dictionary there - a bit slow me.
well let's hope something can still be done about it.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius

I'd like to know what you suggest as an apt way, for a ceremony, to remember those who died.
I just don't think it is necessary to read all the names out loud every year. Is this normal?

I do think that its disgraceful that a temporary memorial has not been built in NYC. I realise there is the one at Battery Park...but that does not really fit the bill IMHO. A few miles away from where I live, a beautiful memorial was built for the people from this county that lost their lives on 9/11. It consists of 3 large pieces of the structure from the towers...they are leaning against each other as if they had falled into place. There is a low wall around this with a plaque on the top naming each person that was killed that day.

A cermony around a memorial like this would be better in my opinion. It is only my opinion of course...which I am sure you will disagree with.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius

well they do it every year though...couldn't they mix it up a little?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by Chorlton
sad isn't it!
thanks for the link I'm useless at getting links!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:29 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

My sympathies go out to anyone who lost a friend, colleague or family member on September 11th WTC NYC.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

What I find interesting is that they have build more highrises around the area - wonder if they have incorporated any of the new safety features that came out in the report from the 911 commission. Never get me working in a highrise like that.....

And on another note, until I watched the memorial I didnt know that the firefighters had to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment on their backs walking on flight after flight of stairs......real heroes in my book!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:55 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Driving back from work that day (upstate), there were firemen at every county lane intersection collecting in their "boot".
It was impossible to not give anything to them. I do remember hearing how not a lot of the money got through to the survivors, never really kept up on that story though....
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have said.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: 9/11

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I just don't think it is necessary to read all the names out loud every year. Is this normal?

I do think that its disgraceful that a temporary memorial has not been built in NYC. I realise there is the one at Battery Park...but that does not really fit the bill IMHO. A few miles away from where I live, a beautiful memorial was built for the people from this county that lost their lives on 9/11. It consists of 3 large pieces of the structure from the towers...they are leaning against each other as if they had falled into place. There is a low wall around this with a plaque on the top naming each person that was killed that day.

A cermony around a memorial like this would be better in my opinion. It is only my opinion of course...which I am sure you will disagree with.
What's normal? It's not like aircraft are deliberately flown into tall buildings all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.