Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

Old Jul 2nd 2006, 4:27 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

Originally Posted by rushman
probably another week to 10 days
Nice one
Enjoy
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 5:02 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb
Everybody was teased while they were growing up, if you wore glasses, you were called `four eyes` `speccy`, I wore braces and got called `wire gob` or `jaws`a friend of mine had buck teeth that would of put Mr Ed to shame, she got called `goofy`....all part of growing up...
True.... though I got the double deluxe treatment of redhair-and-freckles AND glasses. The kind of kid you cast in a movie as either a geeky nerd or an evil snotty nosed brat.

Kids are so nice aren't they?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold

1. House prices
2. USC hubby might have trouble getting work
3. Weather
4. I might not settle and then start ping ponging and end up skint!
5. Hubby might not settle in the UK long term and want to come back.

However, we are with the military and are going to try and get another overseas to the UK at the end of 2007. If we get it that would give us chance to be back there for 3 years and then see how we feel at the end of it.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:53 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

1:Too many immigrants
2:Too much tax
3:Not enough hanging
4:Too many left wing liberals that oppose peoples individual views on Immigrants, Tax and Hanging
5: People that complain about diatribe and then admit to finding it entertaining in the next breath.
I thought it could be entertaining - I was wrong
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 11:19 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: 5 Reasons Not To Go Back To UK

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Haha.....you've nicked this thread from the UK forum.

OOOOOOOOP's you noticed? lol
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:43 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deb
Everybody was teased while they were growing up, if you wore glasses, you were called `four eyes` `speccy`, I wore braces and got called `wire gob` or `jaws`a friend of mine had buck teeth that would of put Mr Ed to shame, she got called `goofy`....all part of growing up...
And now its just plain old BT....
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 12:45 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
it's nice to be called a MILF by gorgeous blokes!!!
I get it from gorgeous young women calling me a OMILF......
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I was wrong
You'll get used to it
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 1:17 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

1. Steve Bruce

2. Not enough Immigrants hanging Chavs

3. Steve "Bernard Cribbins" Bruce

4. Not enough Chavs hanging Immigrants

5. Not enough Chavs OR Immigrants hanging Steve Bruce
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 1:37 am
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

1:Too many immigrants
Spot the irony.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 2:00 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by nxylas
Spot the irony.
Spot post #2 then you might spot some sarcasm
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Surely you know the band broke up?

NC Penguin
i hate to say it but rumours are afoot that they may be making a comeback :scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

1. David Beckham
2. Frank Lampard
3. Peter Crouch
4. Wayne Rooney
5. Michael Owen

On another note, i was supporting Andy Murrey(?) in a little tennis competition over the weekend... then i read some comments he made in an interview last week.. he said he hated the English so much that whenever England play football he always supports the opposing team.
W*nker!
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 7:53 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And now its just plain old BT....

BT?...

(I just know I will regret asking this...)
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 10:00 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Love it here

Ignorant attitude of people (generally)

Expensive

Happy here

Too crowded with immigrants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.