4th of July

Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

hoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond reputehoffage123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4th of July

Happy Fourth of July all .. what are the fireworks like where you are?

Hoffage
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4th of July

Lots of displays in the Phoenix area, but no way I'm going out in the heat to watch them!

Rene
Old Jul 5th 2014, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

It absolutely poured here almost the entire day, and was thundery as heck the other night too. FUN TIMES CANCELLED FOR ALL.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

It's 12.30 am and they're still banging away.....
I've always hated fireworks!!
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamasue
It's 12.30 am and they're still banging away.....
Yes, but that's enough about your noisy neighbours.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Went to a nice local show, just a short drive away. The town is known to put on a good display, and this year's show was, IMO, better than the previous shows we've seen there. It started with about 15 minutes of lobbing up single mortars, followed by about the same time of lobbing up volleys of 5-30 mortars, sometimes simultaneously, but for the larger volleys, sequentially, either in a column or back and forth in a fan. It definitely seemed fancier than previous years.

Mrs P and little Miss P really enjoyed it, which was the main purpose of going.

PS By the time we arrived home the locals had pretty much finished with their own fireworks too. That's one of the nice things about living out of town, most people turn in fairly early for the night.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 5th 2014 at 5:13 am.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:05 am

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

This is a pretty cool way to look at the Fireworks.

Old Jul 5th 2014, 1:05 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We went round to a friends and a great time was had by all. The dogs weren't too terrified when we got back. We still had the bangs going off all night as well. Not right by us as they are banned here, but close enough to be annoying.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but that's enough about your noisy neighbours.

Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:20 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

It was raining, they set them off anyway, they stopped at 3am, I am not in the best humour thus morning...

oh yes, and they are banned here too !
Old Jul 5th 2014, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

It actually scares me they way they store fireworks to sell here...
In the UK, they're all in glass cases and you have to ask for them...

Here, they shove temporary tents up, any numbnuts gets access to them...scarey!!!
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the "Freedom Festival" which actually wasn't too bad - even the food was reasonably priced. Took a chance on being able to see the fireworks from our back yard as it was only 2 miles away and facing in that direction. Success! Sitting in lawn chairs, listening to the synchronised music on the radio (though the only synchronisation seemed to be the start and the finish), sipping some beers.

While we were at the festival the band on stage were singing God Save the Queen for some reason. I was most suspicious. However, I couldn't make out the words....
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

We did spy some older teens the other week who'd decided to create/light an incredibly loud firework right in the middle of the road (at about midnight), say "'Murica" in a vaguely embarrassed tone and then sort of slouch off, leaving the remains for somebody else to clean up (in fact a car might have unintentionally taken care of that).

We get a few fireworks around Christmas and New Year, of course, but it's still far, far quieter than back in the UK when we'd have some tit that would light about fifty to a hundred over a three or four hour period late at night, over and over and over again. Like some others here I'm a pet owner and the whole thing is just irritating when you see how frightened the poor things are. I've no problem with organised events, although I remember last time I was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes who thought I was particularly tasty.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 7:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

[QÜOTE=GeoffM;11326182]Went to the "Freedom Festival" which actually wasn't too bad - even the food was reasonably priced. Took a chance on being able to see the fireworks from our back yard as it was only 2 miles away and facing in that direction. Success! Sitting in lawn chairs, listening to the synchronised music on the radio (though the only synchronisation seemed to be the start and the finish), sipping some beers.

While we were at the festival the band on stage were singing God Save the Queen for some reason. I was most suspicious. However, I couldn't make out the words....[/QUOTE]

It hardly seems likely that Americans would be playing the British national anthem on July 4th, of all days. What you heard was this, "My Country 'Tis of Thee".

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 5th 2014 at 7:42 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

<<<@!1!@>>>

Hardly likely which is why it stopped me in my tracks (well, turned around in the BBQ queue to look) but it was definitely the music! But yes you do appear to be correct, The melody used is the same as that of the national anthem of the United Kingdom, "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Save_the_Queen", arranged by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Arne.

Doesn't stop me ribbing the locals though

[Edit] I see BE have yet to fix the YouTube quoted links... I even took it out before I first posted!

Last edited by GeoffM; Jul 5th 2014 at 8:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.