Wikiposts

4th July

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:23 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4th July

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Thats when you remind them they did worse than the French in Vietnam.
Or celebrate being rescued by the French, because isn't that what happened to George Washington. He was down and beaten until the French rode up and rescued him.

Or is that a biased British version of history

Last edited by lansbury; Jul 2nd 2011 at 6:26 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:28 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
Or celebrate being rescued by the French, because isn't hat what happened to George Washington. He was down and beaten until the French rode up and rescued him.

It's pretty factual They would have not gained independence without some outside help. McDonald's should have Frogs legs on the menu.

I always found that if you were Un american in any fashion you instantly got labelled as a Commie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_...olutionary_War

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jul 2nd 2011 at 5:33 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 5:47 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Our town is having fireworks. There was an open-air concert last night in the town center (dance/ music I think for the younger crowd). Not a huge party because the big county fair starts the next week.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:06 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Thats when you remind them they did worse than the French in Vietnam.
Or celebrate being rescued by the French, because isn't hat what happened to George Washington. He was down and beaten until the French rode up and rescued him.

Storing all these up
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Kneeno is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been over there at the in-laws for the last 2 years so it's going to be a little strange being this side this year. Fantastic firework display over the town though and it's a great spectacle. The last 2 years has seen my (then future) father-in-law trying to give me some rather large fireworks to bring back with me to set off when I get here. Trying to explain airport security to him was quite amusing.

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
We're the token Brits, watch out for drunks who like to lord it over you if they find out where you're from. Say your from Australia
I've not had to suffer drunks as it's a dry county but a few people have had a pop but when I explain they're all descended from traitors and rich men who didn't want to pay their taxes they tend to look a little confused and leave it at that.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:27 am
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Burn1911
I will be staing home and trying to keep the puppers calm!! I hate 4th and New Years, poor animals

Also we have some family flying in so we will be just hanging out with them and catching up.

Got the day off though, so that is a lovely bonus!!
have you tried using a Thundershirt? helps my nervous pup enormously when there's fireworks or storms around...!
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Juswus

Storing all these up
A hairy French Bloke directed Fifth Element

Snails taste like poop oop e doo
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Staying home behind closed curtains - 13 years of at least one moron every July 4th saying " yeah we kicked your ass out of here" or words to that effect has dampened my enthusiam for the day greatly.
Just remind them that it was immigrants like you that got this country going. Oh, and 55( I think) out of the 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence were either born in Britain, or of British descent. The odd one was Finnish.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Why???? Did he find a replacement for you??
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Redwing
Just remind them that it was immigrants like you that got this country going. Oh, and 55( I think) out of the 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence were either born in Britain, or of British descent. The odd one was Finnish.
The constitution was null and void before the ink dried. It was written in haste in reflection of the tyrannical state the fore-bearers had fled not the state they were creating. Much that people like to think otherwise.

The Constitution is outdated as are the Amendments made to it.

As America lashes out at those around it as it has always done, What it denies is the decay and inhumanness within it.

So it's Capitalism or Suicide Bombing indaviduals is the new old cold war. Sorry but I did not do the old cold war for this new medium temp war.

America please implode.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jul 2nd 2011 at 10:01 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 11:07 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The constitution was null and void before the ink dried. It was written in haste in reflection of the tyrannical state the fore-bearers had fled not the state they were creating. Much that people like to think otherwise.

The Constitution is outdated as are the Amendments made to it.

As America lashes out at those around it as it has always done, What it denies is the decay and inhumanness within it.

So it's Capitalism or Suicide Bombing indaviduals is the new old cold war. Sorry but I did not do the old cold war for this new medium temp war.

America please implode.
It must be drinkin' time where you live.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 11:11 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
and for some hours
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yes I could have simplified it too..........
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

It's pretty factual They would have not gained independence without some outside help. McDonald's should have Frogs legs on the menu.

I always found that if you were Un american in any fashion you instantly got labelled as a Commie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_...olutionary_War
Funny thing is, that extra help from France is just not talked about. No, I don't think it's a biased British version of history as someone mentioned. After all, England didn't lose, you gave up trying to civilize us colonials! That's what ex-pat hubby says, anyway. Also says he's here on missionary work . Neither of us can figure out why, if the colonials wanted independence, they practically grovel at the feet of a Brit and drool over the idea of visiting the UK. Not to mention all the brewers, business & manufacturing co's being sold to British investors. Hubby keeps sayin',"we're b-a-a-a-a-ck!"

BTW, bet not many Americans know the US had the gall to try to beat the Redcoats in their own waters and own soil - we got the stuffin beat out of US.....Flamborough Head?
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are we doing anything, we lost
When we get asked are we celebrating 4th July, we reply 'yes, for giving back this country!'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.