1st post

Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:14 am
ImHere

Default Re: 1st post

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Oi. On the other thread you're from Yorkshire. Going to have you up on the Trades Descriptions Act.

No i was BORN in Norfolk but lived in yorkshite for last few years

Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Pricey! I was at Bradford Uni 82-85. Onion Bhaji, Onion Salad, Chicken Dopiaza Vindaloo, 3 chupattis. A quid! Used to live on that lunch dinner and afte pub snack for 3weeks during the exams. Funny how noone wanted to share a ride home at the end of term.....
hmm. sounds very good but my lads used to throw in a large brandy for their 2 quid ..after they were trained!
Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:15 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by silvermine
that it is...

shouldham had 90 people in it when i was there
remember RAF marham? - they used to buzz everything in sight at treetop level..

guess i'm officially welcomed.. thanks.

You're....welcome

RAF Marham...sheesh...now we are going back!

I spent the long hot summer of 1976 on the beach at Wells-Next-Sea

Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:17 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

that it is...

shouldham had 90 people in it when i was there
remember RAF marham? - they used to buzz everything in sight at treetop level..

guess i'm officially welcomed.. thanks.
They still do that now!! I think Shouldham may have grown slightly but not too much, Shouldham Thorpe still only has about 30 houses to it!!!! Lovely country villages
Old Mar 10th 2005, 2:35 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

hmm. sounds very good but my lads used to throw in a large brandy for their 2 quid ..after they were trained!
Sure it was brandy - could have been meths after a chickvloo and I wouldn't know the difference!
Old Mar 12th 2005, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

silvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the roughsilvermine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: please help the newbie

when travelling to the uk from the usa which passport does one use to enter uk and then return to usa?
my case i have uk and canadian passports + us greencard.

Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

when travelling to the uk from the usa which passport does one use to enter uk and then return to usa?
my case i have uk and canadian passports + us greencard.

UK on entering UK
US on entering the US.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:04 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
US on entering the US.
Poster doesn't have US one!

Presumably on returning, you will use the GC and whichever passport you used to get the GC (I'm guessing the Canadian one).
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:05 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony126
UK on entering UK
US on entering the US.
Silvermine doesn't have a US passport.

I'd use UK for UK and Canadian for US (I assume that's what you've been using up until now - no need to confuse the poor immigration inspectors...)

Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Silvermine doesn't have a US passport.

I'd use UK for UK and Canadian for US (I assume that's what you've been using up until now - no need to confuse the poor immigration inspectors...)

yes i have been using my canadian passport upto now. suppose that's the point - ie. not to confuse the u.s. immigration! is there any notation/code on a green card that identifies you as a particular passport holder?
one part of mine says 'CAN' ... after a bunch of numbers.
in that case would usa immigration haul me off to some interrogation room if i showed my uk passport on return to the us?
this i want to avoid :scared: .. not that i have anything to hide..
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:41 pm
Resurrected member

Scarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ImHere
No i was BORN in Norfolk but lived in yorkshite for last few years
OI!!!!

Less of the Yorkshite

I grew up in Last of the Summer Wine Country. Be nice about my old stomping ground, please!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Poster doesn't have US one!

Presumably on returning, you will use the GC and whichever passport you used to get the GC (I'm guessing the Canadian one).
don't have a us passport
gosh u know i don't even think i had a passport when i originally got my greencard! i think i was listed on my mother's british passport...
i showed my canadian one to get the latest renewal though.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:42 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

in that case would usa immigration haul me off to some interrogation room if i showed my uk passport on return to the us?
this i want to avoid :scared: .. not that i have anything to hide..
Best advice at US immigration is always be truthful but never provide any information unless they ask for it.

I'd transfer the UK one to the bottom of my bag about half way across the Atlantic.
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:44 pm
Resurrected member

Scarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura aboutScarlett in Texas has a spectacular aura about

Eh! That were nowt. When ah were a lass we could lick the beer from the drains, eat all we wanted outta the skip, ride home to ower brown paper bag on t'hill and' still have change of a shillin'

[cue Hovis music]

Regards
-=-
SCarlett
Old Mar 12th 2005, 4:47 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Best advice at US immigration is always be truthful but never provide any information unless they ask for it.

AMEN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.