Reload this Page >

14 day isolation?

14 day isolation?

Old Jun 12th 2020, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

QueenAnaMul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 14 day isolation?

Originally Posted by Rete
Think of it this way ... You are no good to your husband or your children if you contract the virus or are dead.

You must quarantine yourself for the full 14 days upon arrival in the states. The second wave of the virus is happening now. Why would you go to the UK at this time to be with a husband that is probably working nearly 24/7? What can you do for him there but make him worry about you and your safety.
I appreciate your thought and it does prove a point. This virus has brought too much for families and loved ones emotionally, you won’t know when you will see them last. It’s just saddening to think about it.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tht
One issue you should also consider is a potential overstay... if you travel now and another wave shuts down flights you may be in a situation where you are stuck and forced to overstay your admission which could lead to future issues.
this statement makes really good sense on my question, thank you.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Slightly off-topic, but have you been able to get travel insurance for your flights to/from the UK since the emergence of the coronavirus? As the US government has issued a global level 4 'do not travel' advisory for all international travel, I'd be surprised if you found an insurer willing to cover you.
yeah airlines have waivers and insurance is still available but three times the cost, to answer your question.
Old Jun 12th 2020, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
and even if that were not the case... she resides in the US 'hotspot' for the virus!
too much beef. Yeah US specifically New York got hit the hardest but do go check outside and you see every one of ours wear a mask. We are also as scared as you are but not as ignorant to judge as we are all experiencing the same invisible war
Old Jun 12th 2020, 8:12 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QueenAnaMul
too much beef. Yeah US specifically New York got hit the hardest but do go check outside and you see every one of ours wear a mask. We are also as scared as you are but not as ignorant to judge as we are all experiencing the same invisible war
Originally Posted by QueenAnaMul
This virus has brought too much for families and loved ones emotionally, you won’t know when you will see them last. It’s just saddening to think about it.
I'm considered an essential employee with my employer (note - I'm not healthcare but I work in broadcast television), so as my family have moved to NJ - I've stayed in Manhattan to socially distance from them to keep them safe (and myself as safe as possible) for 3 months now. It's so aggravating to hear stories of people flying around and potentially extend this mess as they can't stay put for 14 days. It's 14 days, not a lifetime.

Visa issues aside - surely a UK border agent would have due cause to reject entry *if* OP was to travel back within the 14 days on failing to self-quarrantine. It would be evident on the entry/exit logs for travel, and would call into question OP's ability to follow guidelines and if they had contracted the visa either in transit or in NYC which has been a mess (and the recent riots/protests have not helped).
Old Jun 15th 2020, 11:30 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

We are also as scared as you are but not as ignorant to judge as we are all experiencing the same invisible war
I'm not scared. I am also an essential employee (as is my wife) and spend every workday in a healthcare facility with active COVID-19 cases.

Some of these people will die. And it's because of people who flout rules. Like you.

Old Jun 16th 2020, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
I'm not scared. I am also an essential employee (as is my wife) and spend every workday in a healthcare facility with active COVID-19 cases.

Some of these people will die. And it's because of people who flout rules. Like you.
Good on you if you ain’t scared