Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

Old Oct 6th 2005, 8:42 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13ft Pythons in the Everglades??

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9600151/

take a look at this picture ............. it has to be a fake!

I don't think it is a fake.

There are a lot of large boa constrictors hanging around the Everglades thanks to idiot Floridian pet owners letting them go. It's a good job that most people don't have baby Anacondas.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I don't think it is a fake.

There are a lot of large boa constrictors hanging around the Everglades thanks to idiot Floridian pet owners letting them go. It's a good job that most people don't have baby Anacondas.

....yet
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:45 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
....yet
oh god , don't say that!!! :scared:

yeah I got the picture and pretty much knew it was real but it's so unbelieveable....a snake swallowing a large aligator is terrifiying!!! what about people? you wouldn't want to be messing around the Everglades with those buggers about...maybe selling exotic snakes needs to be made illegal..this is total endagerment...if some people want to own a snake so bad let them live in the bloody jungle!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

oh god , don't say that!!! :scared:

yeah I got the picture and pretty much knew it was real but it's so unbelieveable....a snake swallowing a large aligator is terrifiying!!! what about people? you wouldn't want to be messing around the Everglades with those buggers about...maybe selling exotic snakes needs to be made illegal..this is total endagerment...if some people want to own a snake so bad let them live in the bloody jungle!!

And people ask why I carry a gun
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:50 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

And people ask why I carry a gun
frolick in the Everglades often do you?......I say
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:52 am
Account Closed

frolick in the Everglades often do you?......I say
I live next to the everglades. The northern extent of them is about 5 mins from my house. You'll find me in or around them 2 or 3 times a week for one reason or another.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:33 am
Back Again

I live next to the everglades. The northern extent of them is about 5 mins from my house. You'll find me in or around them 2 or 3 times a week for one reason or another.
:scared: well I wish you could use the gun on the stupid people who are releasing the exotic snakes rather than the snakes themselves....is there a huge fine for people caught dumping these snakes in the area?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:38 am
Account Closed

:scared: well I wish you could use the gun on the stupid people who are releasing the exotic snakes rather than the snakes themselves....is there a huge fine for people caught dumping these snakes in the area?
Now that would be good.

Not that I know of. Even if there was I doubt anyone would get prosecuted for it. They just drive into the vastness of the glades and let them go. Noone to see it. You do realise the everglades are virtually unpopulated and about as big as the whole of Yorkshire but with very few metalled roads in them? Just a huge flat expanse of grasses, palmettos and swamp with the odd cyprus grove for interest as far as the eye can see.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 7th 2005 at 2:41 am.