Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

1010987 3cents a minute + 39cents to connect

1010987 3cents a minute + 39cents to connect

Old Aug 24th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1010987 3cents a minute + 39cents to connect

www.1010987.com

Anybody used this service? calls to the U.K. for 3 cents a minute plus a 39 cent connection charge. Sounds good, just wondered if anybody else had been dragged into using this by the constant John Stamos ads on the TV
Old Aug 24th 2003, 8:37 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Aha ! Unmasked !
You are John Stamos !

If not are you being paid to post this ?

Should we expect to see Carrot Top soon...
:scared:

<Seriously now >
I have Bellsouth who have deals on local, long distance, international, etc.
(Free local calls - never see BT doing that)
Cost of calls the UK are a decent price with them, so never tried the 10 10 thing.
Any anyhows - as soon as I ring my parents they always tell me to hang up and they call straight back, so I've never had a large bill.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I've been using 10-10 - 987 for just over a month and recently had the bill with my first few phone calls and it was cheaper going with the 10-10-987 thing rather than my international plan I have with MCI.

I think it's fine of you know that you are going to talk for longer than say 20 minutes - that way I don't mind paying the 39 cents.

Also I do happen to think that John stamos is rather cute
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:36 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bromleygirl
I've been using 10-10 - 987 for just over a month and recently had the bill with my first few phone calls and it was cheaper going with the 10-10-987 thing rather than my international plan I have with MCI.

I think it's fine of you know that you are going to talk for longer than say 20 minutes - that way I don't mind paying the 39 cents.

10-10-555 is also really cheap to the UK (can't remember how per minute, but it's really low). Also there is no 39c per call thing. I signed up on line - the company is called Primus (like the stove). You just register the phone number(s) you are going to call from.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

That's interesting Lion I've never heard of that one. I'll have to take a look at it. How do they bill you?
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:22 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1010987 3cents a minute + 39cents to connect

I use 101 6868 http://www.pt-1.com/101-6868_Rates_01.html
from Florida its a straight 7.9c a min, no connecting charge or monthly fee..from Arizona it go up to a huge straight 8c a minute.

You can check all the rates here http://www.1010phonerates.com/

Last edited by ray6; Aug 25th 2003 at 12:43 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1010555

That's interesting Lion I've never heard of that one. I'll have to take a look at it. How do they bill you?
You get a separate bill - either online, which I do, or a normal paper one if you want. I've never had any problems with them.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1010987 3cents a minute + 39cents to connect

Originally posted by Pimpbot
www.1010987.com

Anybody used this service? calls to the U.K. for 3 cents a minute plus a 39 cent connection charge. Sounds good, just wondered if anybody else had been dragged into using this by the constant John Stamos ads on the TV
I've used it for about 2 months now. Very happy with it - call quality is great.

Charge just comes though on your local phone bill.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 3:33 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

www.acculinq.com is 2.9 cents a minute to the UK and no other fees

calls to mobiles are 17.9 cents

that 39 cent connection charge can make things a lot more expensive
Old Aug 25th 2003, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Show me the woman who does NOT chat for at least 20 minutes when she gets on the phone !

Jovially Yours
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:10 am
Just Joined

kemUSjulieUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to www.Clarkhoward.com Many long distance deals found there! Some as low as 2.5 cents a min.