Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

100-240V food processor

100-240V food processor

Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

jamm13dodger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 100-240V food processor

My wife wants to buy a food processor but we may be moving to TX in a few months. Does anyone know of a brand that we can buy which is 100-240V so we can take it with us?

Thanks, Rob.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 9:50 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 100-240V food processor

Google tells me they exist, but only as "off brands" from China.

I recommend stalling until you know where you'll be living, or buy a cheapish one in the UK, and be prepared to abandon it, safe in the knowledge that the cost of a food processor is insignificant compared to the cost of relocating to the US.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:42 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Keep her happy, buy the food processor now in the UK. Flog it before you leave and buy her a nice, shiny new one when you arrive. Believe me, you're going to need all the goodwill during the move....
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:53 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her the first trip here will be to buy a shiney new stand mixer in a colour of her choice.

I brought over the Uk kitchen aid and used a transformer for a while. Eventually it became too much of a pain so I just bought a US one. Even the attachments can differ between European and UK models.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 10:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Wait a few months and it's one less POS you've got to pack and it'll be cheaper on the other side anyway.
Old Feb 28th 2014, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

jamm13dodger is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the conclusion I had come to but was hoping there might be a different solution. Thanks for the replies.