Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

*ahem*...ok...

Wikiposts

*ahem*...ok...

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 5:08 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default *ahem*...ok...

I just got offered a job in Arizona! I can't believe she offered me the job right there during the interview but I guess she knew a good thing when she saw it! I haven't decided whether I'm actually going to take it, as I'm holding out for an interview in Georgia next week...(it's closer to Connecticut), but at least it means I have a job and I can go to my embassy interview on the 15th.

So, is this where the panic sets in?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:15 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

Well done.

Arizona is a wonderful state.

What is the job? Spill the beans.

Scotch
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in AZ?

How about a nice desert view to get you in the mood. This was taken this morning while showing my mum around the botanical gardens here in Scottsdale.
Attached Thumbnails *ahem*...ok...-cactus8.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *ahem*...ok...

Originally posted by Rockgurl
I just got offered a job in Arizona! I can't believe she offered me the job right there during the interview but I guess she knew a good thing when she saw it! I haven't decided whether I'm actually going to take it, as I'm holding out for an interview in Georgia next week...(it's closer to Connecticut), but at least it means I have a job and I can go to my embassy interview on the 15th.

Congrats RG!!! Knew you'd do it.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

If you love the heat, you'll love it here. Yesterday was suppose to be our last day of tripple digit heat, but its climbing near 100 again today and there is barely a cloud in the sky. I may just join my mum at the pool before she leaves to go back to frigid ass England
Attached Thumbnails *ahem*...ok...-cactus11.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:22 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

I assume that you are taking a job as a nurse. If so good luck.
My wife is a nurse too.
They are treated like shit, if they complain they are fired, they are over worked under staffed and expected to do 8 'on call' shifts per month, in addition to their regular hrs.

My wife has been nursing in the US for about 20 years now and says this is the worst it has ever been.
The stress level is tremendous. Bur the pay ain't too bad.
She wishes she could get out of healthcare, it's going down the pan.

But good luck, you might even enjoy it
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

And if that last post just put you off coming here, then how about a nice view of our pool taken this afternoon with clear blue sky and high 90s in october to put you back in the mood. Gotta love AZ
Attached Thumbnails *ahem*...ok...-mumpool2.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 10:48 am
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
And if that last post just put you off coming here, then how about a nice view of our pool taken this afternoon with clear blue sky and high 90s in october to put you back in the mood. Gotta love AZ

LOL, that would do it for me
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Pimbot........did you get a digital for your birthday by any chance.....?

Rob
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:54 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pimpbot
You really need to clean that pool..... theres things floating in it!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I just got offered a job in Arizona! I can't believe she offered me the job right there during the interview but I guess she knew a good thing when she saw it! I haven't decided whether I'm actually going to take it, as I'm holding out for an interview in Georgia next week...(it's closer to Connecticut), .....
Congratulations on the job offer, but I am surprised that you are still going for a job in Georgia as I thought that you were going to avoid "The South", the locals not being known for their liberal ideals 'n'll!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:36 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

Originally posted by Pulaski
Congratulations on the job offer, but I am surprised that you are still going for a job in Georgia as I thought that you were going to avoid "The South", the locals not being known for their liberal ideals 'n'll!

LOL, the South ain't too bad as long as you own a truck, eat grits, and learn to call everyone Sir or Mamm.

Still trying to swallow the grits

Last edited by excpomea; Oct 3rd 2003 at 2:48 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 2:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by excpomea
LOL, the South ain't too bad as long as you own a truck, eat grits, and learn to call everyone Sir or Mamm.

Still tring to swallow the grits
There's no need to persuade me, I have a truck, and love it here in sunny NC .... it's just not everyone's cup of tea.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by robclews
Pimbot........did you get a digital for your birthday by any chance.....?

Rob
Nope, just had lots of reasons to use it lately
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:42 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Pimpbot...love the pictures! Are you serious about the heat? Damn! I just bought me a new North Face jacket. I suppose I better leave it in Connecticut now! Bums! I love the cactus...I've never seen ones that big in real life before. Is it hot there all through winter? The job is in Phoenix. I have no idea what that's like so any tips would be appreciated. Is it a busy city? Is it a big place? If I work in Phoenix where should I be looking to live, or is it just too huge to say?

scotch...it's an Intensive Care nursing post. That's how I'm getting my green card.

excpomea - yes I'm a nurse. I've heard all the horror stories but I'm willing to take my chance. Things are so bad here in London that I can't believe it could be worse. At least the hospitals in the US are modern and have supplies. I have to move forward with my life and this is a huge opportunity. I am full of apprehension but I know it's something I must do. It will be worth it once I start getting paid. Looks like with overtime and differential I'll be earning $70,000! I can handle most things for that kind of money!

Pulaski...I'm not too concerned about Georgia as I've been there before, and at least it's Atlanta...big city. I would be more worried about Tennessee and Alabama, but this hospital in Atlanta is really good and it's much closer to Connecticut than Arizona. This hasn't really worked out the way I wanted it to, but I have to make the best of it, and as long as I'm earning enough money to pay our two rents and to fly over to see my girlfriend once a month then I can cope. I think. I tried the grits. Couldn't eat them so used them as grout. Worked a treat!

I'm more worried about being on my own in a strange place. I just don't know what to expect and there'll be so much that is new to take in I hope I don't get sensory overload! If they'd have told me 3 years ago that I would end up somewhere without my partner and had to wait this long, I don't know if I'd have done it. It will be another 2 years before we can live together and I'm seriously thinking about doing 6 months and then breaking my contract. We'll see. I'll have to plan some nice adventures to make it exciting. I think I'd like to take up horseriding again, and maybe learn to shoot. I will defintely buy a new pair of cowboy boots and maybe even a hat!

Last edited by Rockgurl; Oct 3rd 2003 at 8:47 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.