Reload this Page >

IS $80K a liveable wage in PA

IS $80K a liveable wage in PA

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

tonyandlynz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this a good liveable wage

HI ,

My wife & I will be moving to Doylestown PA in the next few months The wife asked to move to give us a little more life experience have ben looking to move to OZ etc....

My wife has been told that a starting salary in her new position Project Mgr will be $80K will we be able to live ok until I get a job Electrician ??

Does anyone know how much an Electrician makes in this part of the world.

Last edited by Sue; Mar 2nd 2008 at 6:33 pm. Reason: Merged with thread from Trailer Park
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this a good liveable wage

Originally Posted by tonyandlynz
HI ,

My wife & I will be moving to Doylestown PA in the next few months The wife asked to move to give us a little more life experience have ben looking to move to OZ etc....

My wife has been told that a starting salary in her new position Project Mgr will be $80K will we be able to live ok until I get a job Electrician ??

Does anyone know how much an Electrician makes in this part of the world.

hi sparky, welcome to BE and good luck with the move
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks and really is the wage ok ??? I'll be of course looking for work once I arrive
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:06 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Thanks and really is the wage ok ??? I'll be of course looking for work once I arrive
When my wife and I first moved to Chicago, and I was unable to work until I got my work permit, we got by on just her salary which was only around half that. Don't know what cost of living is in PA, but Chicago is probably similar so I expect you'll be OK.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by special ed
When my wife and I first moved to Chicago, and I was unable to work until I got my work permit, we got by on just her salary which was only around half that. Don't know what cost of living is in PA, but Chicago is probably similar so I expect you'll be OK.
Thanks for the reply
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:09 pm

special ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to allspecial ed is a name known to all

Thanks for the reply
We weren't spending our weekends on the ritz mind you!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Default IS $80K a liveable wage in PA

My wife and I are on the verge of moving to Doylestown PA My wife is on a company transfer salary $80K is this liveable??

Iam an electrician so will be seeking employment on arrival is this work well paid ??

Last edited by tonyandlynz; Mar 2nd 2008 at 5:33 pm. Reason: Duplicate thread see trailer park
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 4:52 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

You can live on the $80k as long as you don't live too high. I know there are differences between UK and USA electrical, you might need additional training.Try a web search for electrician jobs in Doylestown PA. I looked, but I don't know enough to evaluate them, some did want driving licenses.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
You can live on the $80k as long as you don't live too high. I know there are differences between UK and USA electrical, you might need additional training.Try a web search for electrician jobs in Doylestown PA. I looked, but I don't know enough to evaluate them, some did want driving licenses.
Yeah thanks What I wanted to know is is it a good salary equates to £40K in UK which is a pretty good wage really.

I understand that the Electrics is different I.E 110V -240V and the americans use different colours but thats easy Code is slightly different but iam sure I'll be ok I do have experience in senior warehouse management anyway so a couple of avenues to take.

Whats the average wage in the US ??????????????
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:08 pm
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future
Default Re: IS $80K a liveable wage in PA

Is this a joke?

The national average salary is less than $40k.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:09 pm
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

What the hell do y'all spend your money on? I've been living over here for 4 years on half that!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:11 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah thanks What I wanted to know is is it a good salary equates to £40K in UK which is a pretty good wage really.

I understand that the Electrics is different I.E 110V -240V and the americans use different colours but thats easy Code is slightly different but iam sure I'll be ok I do have experience in senior warehouse management anyway so a couple of avenues to take.

Whats the average wage in the US ??????????????
Cost of living is generally cheaper in the US so although USD80k converts to GBP40k, it will go a lot further. I think you will be OK.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dan B
Is this a joke?

The national average salary is less than $40k.

No Joke bud just a genuine question I take it we will be pretty good then after I find work?

The Rentals in this area are about what we pay in the UK is it posiible to reduce what the agents are after haggle in a way ???
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dan B
What the hell do y'all spend your money on? I've been living over here for 4 years on half that!
I just wanna make sure we stay within the same lifestyle that we currently enjoy dont wanna be scratching my butt looking how to pay the rent lol
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:16 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

No Joke bud just a genuine question I take it we will be pretty good then after I find work?

The Rentals in this area are about what we pay in the UK is it posiible to reduce what the agents are after haggle in a way ???
You might want to ask the Mods to close this thread as you have the same one going in the Trailer Park. It gets a bit confusing keeping track of multiple threads. My head hurts already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.