Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Young Children to get SSN must have EAD first (L1 Visa)

Young Children to get SSN must have EAD first (L1 Visa)

Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young Children to get SSN must have EAD first (L1 Visa)

Originally Posted by sportaxi
As previously stated there is NO problem with my wife obtaining a SSN, it was for my children!
I was adviced that it was a requirement for me to claim them on my end of year tax. Fatbrit has advised that a ITIN is required.
Yes?

Discussions sometimes expand. It's the nature of the internet.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

sportaxi is an unknown quantity at this point

Meauxna
I appreciate that and I hope that the Q's & A's within will also assist others. I thank everyone for their assistances, just wanted my Q's answered then the discussion can take its own direction
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:20 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i was also told that if i could get EAD's for the kids (l2's) then they could have ssn's - but in reality the only way an L2 kid can get an EAD is by applying for it as part of a green card application. In our case we are going down the green card route but as our kids are so small the lawyers didnt even fill out EAD requests for them (just me and DH) and the only 'extra' thing the kids got was advanced parole.