Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Are you watching the Palin/Biden debate?

Are you watching the Palin/Biden debate?

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:09 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Are you watching the Palin/Biden debate?

Here, have a go at this!

http://www.palinbingo.com

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:16 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you watching the Palin/Biden debate?

yes.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:38 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, her voice gives me a headache.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:43 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I was at work. I don't think I could've watched it without wanting to put my foot through the TV though.
Did Biden ask her about forcing women to pay for their own rape exams? I think if I was there I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from punching her in the *!$%@#^ face the sorry *!$%@#^ excuse for a woman she is.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here, have a go at this!

Aww, I wish I had seen this before it started!

Though I think she mentioned just about everything on them; are you sure these aren't her cue cards?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:47 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here, have a go at this!

The bingo board needs to have a square for "saucy impish wink to appear to be just like all of ya's"

Egad.

~SG
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:48 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
The bingo board needs to have a square for "saucy impish wink to appear to be just like all of ya's"

Egad.

~SG
and one for the eyeroll she kept doing :curse:
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:51 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
and one for the eyeroll she kept doing :curse:
Wonder what Hillary's doing tonight?

~SG
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Marty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud ofMarty J has much to be proud of

How about just one big square that says "not knowing what the hell she's talking about"?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Egad.

~SG
You saw that too, eh? I laughed out loud when I saw her do it..even had to rewind the dvr to make sure that's what she did!

So, you know, me being from the South and all, I do have a tendency to not put the 'g' on the end of words..it's just a Southern thing and is somewhat expected. However, why would the person running for 2nd in command not fully pronounce the 'g' and why would she keep saying 'yeah'? It just makes her sound uneducated. I'm not one to point out these things in someone's speech pattern, but I want a person in office that can properly speak 'ya' know.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:01 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by Marty J
How about just one big square that says "not knowing what the hell she's talking about"?
I would have paid money for Joe Biden to turn to her and say, "oh FFS, cut the crap already, will ya?"

Yep, good money.

I read a commentary recently on her performance in the interview with Katie Couric. The author said she was "like a high schooler trying to bullshit her way through a book report".

BINGO!

~SG
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:08 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
You saw that too, eh? I laughed out loud when I saw her do it..even had to rewind the dvr to make sure that's what she did!

So, you know, me being from the South and all, I do have a tendency to not put the 'g' on the end of words..it's just a Southern thing and is somewhat expected. However, why would the person running for 2nd in command not fully pronounce the 'g' and why would she keep saying 'yeah'? It just makes her sound uneducated. I'm not one to point out these things in someone's speech pattern, but I want a person in office that can properly speak 'ya' know.
Well, being a speech pathologist, I *am* one to point these things out in peoples' speech patterns...........

I guess the thing is, she is being who she is. And I agree with you. I want someone who is an articulate speaker. But her schtick is the "I'm just like you, I'm not one of the elite, and listen.....I use slang like you and lazy speech like you, and I tell cute stories like you in a cute little girl voice, so if you vote me in, you can live the VP life vicariously through me!"

I'm an Obama supporter, but I have noticed he's doing something a bit irritating too. Lately, when he says the word "to", he says "tuh". As in, "I was talking tuh some people the other day...." *sigh*

~SG
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:23 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Well, being a speech pathologist, I *am* one to point these things out in peoples' speech patterns...........
I switched from my normal speaking mode to a Sarah Palin mode and Toon was laughing. I DO NOT want a VP who says "doggone it" on national TV. If that makes me elitist then so be it. I DO want an electorate who can understand a reasonably intelligent debate -- I'm willing to bet that using "theocracy" has less impact than if Biden had said "Islamic clerics" -- though clerics might not be understood, the "I" word would be.

CNN is saying that at least close to half of the people they polled think Palin is qualified to be President.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

It was a draw.

Colour me hugely disappointed by that.

Biden got some punches in but the Alaskan slapper kept her folksy demeanor (for the most part) intact.... even it did all seem scripted by the f***ing Disney corporation or something? No-brain middle-america will think she is the dog's danglies.

I still hate her with a vengeance, and the thought she could have any say in the running of this country scares next month's sh1t out of me

If I had chosen the key word "also" we would not have had enough alchohol in the house! She could NOT stop saying it!

Meanwhile, post-show on Fox News (and my wife should take the credit for noticing this, despite an excessive intake of brandy) the reporter was asking people's views on the "Bush-Kerry" debate thay had just watched!

TW@!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 3:29 am
The Missus

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I switched from my normal speaking mode to a Sarah Palin mode and Toon was laughing. I DO NOT want a VP who says "doggone it" on national TV. If that makes me elitist then so be it. I DO want an electorate who can understand a reasonably intelligent debate -- I'm willing to bet that using "theocracy" has less impact than if Biden had said "Islamic clerics" -- though clerics might not be understood, the "I" word would be.

CNN is saying that at least close to half of the people they polled think Palin is qualified to be President.
New-cleee-errrr = good

New-cue-lerrr= bad. So very bad.

I seriously don't know what I'll do if they win. I won't be able to listen to that for another four years.

~SG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.