Wrong Photo's ??

Old Jan 27th 2001, 11:51 pm
dgdss

Hi all, after reading through all the helpfull links etc, my fiancee and I have discovered
that we sent in passport photo's instead of the ones the INS wants. What will happen now?
Also we never sent in any proof we know each other, it never said to on the INS I-129(F)
instructions. We figured they would not question a Canadian and American too much. Thanks
for all the helpfull info, because of the excellent sites, we are now very organized.
Although we have not heard back from the TSC yet, I have my long birth certificate, police
certificate, passport etc. I just need to have a medical exam. She has sent me all the
forms (support, taxes, etc). Once again thx, we will keep you up to date on our progress.

Doug (CDN) Amy (US)

Old Jan 28th 2001, 12:11 am
dgdss

Sorry forgot to add to my signature

I-129(F) sent Jan. 10 th 2001

> Hi all, after reading through all the helpfull links etc, my fiancee and I have
> discovered that we sent in passport photo's instead of the ones the
INS
> wants. What will happen now? Also we never sent in any proof we know each other, it
> never said to on the INS I-129(F) instructions. We figured they would not question a
> Canadian and American too much. Thanks for all the helpfull info, because of the
> excellent sites, we are now very organized. Although we have not heard back from the
> TSC yet, I
have
> my long birth certificate, police certificate, passport etc. I just need
to
> have a medical exam. She has sent me all the forms (support, taxes, etc). Once again
> thx, we will keep you up to date on our progress.
>
> Doug (CDN) Amy (US)

Old Jan 28th 2001, 12:49 am
aaaayooeeel

<< Also we never sent in any proof we know each other, it never said to on the INS
I-129(F) instructions.

129 instructions specifically mention under "who can file" #1-B-1 that you should have met
your fiancee within 2 years before filing.

To me, it means that one must show proof eg. photos of you both together, plane ticket
stubs, hotel receipts etc. etc.

Who knows, maybe you'll be ok without that, good luck!

Old Jan 28th 2001, 2:00 am
Onigiri

Hi all, after reading through all the helpfull links etc, my fiancee
> and I have discovered that we sent in passport photo's instead of the ones the INS
> wants. What will happen now? Also we never sent in any proof we know each other, it
> never said to on the INS I-129(F) instructions.

The US-citizen petitioner will get a Request for futher evidence RFE from the INS-center
with the list of what they need. Then she can send the photos and the proof of having met
that you had read about in those fine links.

> We figured they would not question a Canadian and American too much.
With the value of the Hudson Bay Peso ( isn't that what the currency is called these
days?) where it is and the feeling that it is much greener ( surely warmer ) in the south
overall, a Canadian's intent would be as suspect as it would be for any other economic
migrant. Good luck with your passage through the INS exams.

> Doug (CDN) Amy (US)

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:31 am
carol

Hi there...we never sent in any proof of support with our I-129F petition and had no
problems with approval...i had to provide that evidence when i went for my interview...you
will have to wait and see if you get a RFE..request for further evidence..you never
know..the passport photos may do it...depends on the case worker i would imagine...i"ll be
crossing my fingers for you ...C

> Hi all, after reading through all the helpfull links etc, my fiancee and I have
> discovered that we sent in passport photo's instead of the ones the
INS
> never said to on the INS I-129(F) instructions. We figured they would not question a
> Canadian and American too much. Thanks for all the helpfull info, because of the
> excellent sites, we are now very organized. Although we have not heard back from the
> TSC yet, I
have
> my long birth certificate, police certificate, passport etc. I just need
to
> have a medical exam. She has sent me all the forms (support, taxes, etc). Once again
> thx, we will keep you up to date on our progress.
>
> Doug (CDN) Amy (US)
>

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:53 am
dgdss

Thanks we need all the finger x'ing, prayers etc we can get, why couldn't my love live in
the VSC area It would make this go so much quicker

> Hi there...we never sent in any proof of support with our I-129F petition and had no
> problems with approval...i had to provide that evidence when i went for my
> interview...you will have to wait and see if you get a RFE..request for further
> evidence..you never know..the passport photos may do it...depends on the case worker i
> would imagine...i"ll be crossing my fingers for you ...C

> > Hi all, after reading through all the helpfull links etc, my fiancee and
I
> > have discovered that we sent in passport photo's instead of the ones the
> INS
> > wants. What will happen now? Also we never sent in any proof we know
each
> > other, it never said to on the INS I-129(F) instructions. We figured
they
> > would not question a Canadian and American too much. Thanks for all the helpfull info,
> > because of the excellent sites, we
are
> > now very organized. Although we have not heard back from the TSC yet, I
> have
> > my long birth certificate, police certificate, passport etc. I just need
> to
> > have a medical exam. She has sent me all the forms (support, taxes,
etc).
> > Once again thx, we will keep you up to date on our progress.
> >
> > Doug (CDN) Amy (US)
> >
> >
> >