worrying trend

Old Oct 17th 2003, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

mrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond reputemrpink has a reputation beyond repute
Default worrying trend

I've just stumbled upon something on Google Groups. I was searching for "marriage-based visa" so as to get the original archived versions of some of the posts that have recently been edited, and near the top of my results list I came across this -

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ma...ast.com&rnum=1

People can now form their own conclusions, but we might want to proceed cautiously with new posters.

*sigh*

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~Day 141 NSC
~~~The good news - the Dave Hollis site is now functioning correctly, yay!
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

*sigh* is right....
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: worrying trend

Sad.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

GOZO is an unknown quantity at this point

very depressing.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

That explains alot.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:39 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why can't people find anything better to do in their sad little lives?

Kate. xxxx
Old Oct 17th 2003, 12:44 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, the idiot thinks we have multiple personalities just like him. First, we're n***** lovers, then we're stuck-up white people.

Troll, make your mind up, you freak.

Kate.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Keep researching. This is not the first time something like this has occurred and I doubt that it will be the last time. Mr. Travel posts on many forums on google and his distractors have followed him around for a while and posted with cc's to avumb of much hateful verbage. Also there were members from political forums who decided to come to this forum and spread their hate.

You guys are new to the forum but not new to computers and/or the internet.

I am so surprised that the majority of you will complain about those you consider trolls and then some do nothing but bait them into posting more and more garbage. I think there are several here that get a charge of playing with the troll and will miss him/her when they move on to greener pastures.

At the moment the forum from my viewpoint is divided into three groups:

1. Baiters

2. Peacemakers

3. Ostriches

Take a read of the other forums and you will see that they have many out and out bigots posting. They are not in the midst of a troll war like this forum.

Ask yourselves why?

Rete
Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:10 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default What an..

What an a55hole!! ,Sorry for the bad word but people like this make me so sick , I am about to add him to my messenger and PING him.. he will think twice before he comes here to show his /her stupidity!!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Oct 17th 2003 at 1:15 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

I think Rete makes a good point. I am going to try and stop being a baiter, since that obviously is not working.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:07 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DCMark
I think Rete makes a good point. I am going to try and stop being a baiter, since that obviously is not working.
I think Rete makes a GREAT point
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

3. Ostriches

Rete, can you explain the personality of this one? LOL

I pretty much try to ignore the troll posts.. why give them fuel for the fire...

Laura
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by mrpink
I've just stumbled upon something on Google Groups. I was searching for "marriage-based visa" so as to get the original archived versions of some of the posts that have recently been edited, and near the top of my results list I came across this -

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ma...ast.com&rnum=1

People can now form their own conclusions, but we might want to proceed cautiously with new posters.

*sigh*

Mr Pink
~and SecretGarden
~~Day 141 NSC
~~~The good news - the Dave Hollis site is now functioning correctly, yay!
I'm kind of surprised that these kind of sites are allowed on the interenet, do they not break some kind of 'hate' law?
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
I'm kind of surprised that these kind of sites are allowed on the interenet, do they not break some kind of 'hate' law?
I saw the messages a couple of weeks ago and ignored them, by quoting them here it is again just giving attention to the wrong people.

In respect to Rete's comments, maybe the 'baiters' will listen to her? IMHO, the 'baiters', those who actually enjoy playing with the Troll, represent a tiny minority of members here ........ just hoping that they might now accept that this is not what this forum wants or needs.

Last edited by 207lonsdale; Oct 17th 2003 at 3:39 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

James Mars is an unknown quantity at this point

I was trying to point out that the first impression one is going to get is one flame to another. It could be a troll that is the target but if it take an hour of research people will not know the sheep from the goats. I also defended another ID fully understanding that it could be a troll I was defending. The reason I did that was that my ID was also implied in the flame war and the post itself was not really trolling. I also admit that I was angry enough to press the point more than I should have(Sorry DCMark). I looked at the news group. Does anyone see any value of posting "You dirt bag racists!" there. I do not. Here are the other possiblities.
1. Innocent looking post from troll -blends in
2. Obvious troll. -easly ignored and obvious
3. Somthing a little baiting. -interesting conversation if it is not too often.

Originally posted by Rete
Keep researching. This is not the first time something like this has occurred and I doubt that it will be the last time. Mr. Travel posts on many forums on google and his distractors have followed him around for a while and posted with cc's to avumb of much hateful verbage. Also there were members from political forums who decided to come to this forum and spread their hate.

You guys are new to the forum but not new to computers and/or the internet.

I am so surprised that the majority of you will complain about those you consider trolls and then some do nothing but bait them into posting more and more garbage. I think there are several here that get a charge of playing with the troll and will miss him/her when they move on to greener pastures.

At the moment the forum from my viewpoint is divided into three groups:

1. Baiters

2. Peacemakers

3. Ostriches

Take a read of the other forums and you will see that they have many out and out bigots posting. They are not in the midst of a troll war like this forum.

Ask yourselves why?

Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.