Worried Rant

Old Dec 4th 2002, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

beyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worried Rant

No need to reply, just need to get this out... I'm just so worried we are not going to get this damn visa because of our money situation.. he doesn't have any, I don't have any... we are living with my mom, which is fine to us, but to the INS? I JUST opened up a bank account after having been in debt after travelling.. he's still in the hole from paying off his credit cards, etc. None of this bothers us, but it seems like the INS wants one of us to be rich to be together in one country.

I think in the end we'll be okay because my lovely step father is co sponsoring us, but I just hope that's enough... because I free lance, have a couple of stocks, but nothing big, and neither of us own any property...We live VERY simple lives, etcetc etc...

Okay, sorry, thanks for listening(reading!)

tasha
Old Dec 4th 2002, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Worried Rant

Originally posted by beyness
No need to reply, just need to get this out... I'm just so worried we are not going to get this damn visa because of our money situation.. he doesn't have any, I don't have any... we are living with my mom, which is fine to us, but to the INS? I JUST opened up a bank account after having been in debt after travelling.. he's still in the hole from paying off his credit cards, etc. None of this bothers us, but it seems like the INS wants one of us to be rich to be together in one country.

I think in the end we'll be okay because my lovely step father is co sponsoring us, but I just hope that's enough... because I free lance, have a couple of stocks, but nothing big, and neither of us own any property...We live VERY simple lives, etcetc etc...

Okay, sorry, thanks for listening(reading!)

tasha
Tasha:

Don't blame INS -- blame Congress. There is a lot of political concern about those "illegal aliens on welfare." So Congress made them ineligible for welfare. However there was still concern for those "illegal aliens on welfare" which they could no longer get, so the affidavit of support was amended so that income of the affiant would be considered income of the alien for computing the welfare which the alien could not get. Not being satisifed with the "illegal aliens on welfare" not only not getting the welfare, and their ineligiblity strenghtened by the computation of eligibility, the I-864 now requires that the affiant reimpurse the government for the benefits the government won't pay.

Am I clear on this?

BTW, I don't think the INS or the State Department like the I-864 -- it gives them headaches too.

But Congress has spoken.
Old Dec 4th 2002, 5:55 am
Mrtravel

Do you have a cosponsor?

beyness wrote:
    >
    > No need to reply, just need to get this out... I'm just so worried we
    > are not going to get this damn visa because of our money situation.. he
    > doesn't have any, I don't have any... we are living with my mom, which
    > is fine to us, but to the INS? I JUST opened up a bank account after
    > having been in debt after travelling.. he's still in the hole from
    > paying off his credit cards, etc. None of this bothers us, but it seems
    > like the INS wants one of us to be rich to be together in one country.
    >
    > I think in the end we'll be okay because my lovely step father is co
    > sponsoring us, but I just hope that's enough... because I free lance,
    > have a couple of stocks, but nothing big, and neither of us own any
    > property...We live VERY simple lives, etcetc etc...
    >
    > Okay, sorry, thanks for listening(reading!)
    >
    > tasha
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 4th 2002, 7:18 am
Scarlett

>Not being satisifed with the "illegal aliens on welfare"
    >not only not getting the welfare, and their ineligiblity strenghtened by
    >the computation of eligibility, the I-864 now requires that the affiant
    >reimpurse the government for the benefits the government won't pay.
    >Am I clear on this?

crystal!

always enjoy your take on this stuff.

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Dec 4th 2002, 10:17 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Do you have a cosponsor?

beyness wrote:
[q1]> I think in the end we'll be okay because my lovely step father is co-sponsoring us
Her post said it all ;-)