Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Worried - N400 interview was Nov 17th - no word from immigration yet

Worried - N400 interview was Nov 17th - no word from immigration yet

Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worried - N400 interview was Nov 17th - no word from immigration yet

So I got the thumbs up at the interview on Nov 17th that I had passed the citizenship interview and the officer was recommending my citizenship petition be accepted, there would be a final review in the next few days and that I would hear something in a week or so.

Today I went to check the status on the BICS website and it said that my case # doesn't exist! Any ideas what could be going on? It has all gone smoothly up to now and I don't want things to unravel at the last hurdle, especially as there is no reason that I can see....

Thanks

- Tim
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:27 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried - N400 interview was Nov 17th - no word from immigration yet

Originally Posted by TimFountain
So I got the thumbs up at the interview on Nov 17th that I had passed the citizenship interview and the officer was recommending my citizenship petition be accepted, there would be a final review in the next few days and that I would hear something in a week or so.

Today I went to check the status on the BICS website and it said that my case # doesn't exist! Any ideas what could be going on? It has all gone smoothly up to now and I don't want things to unravel at the last hurdle, especially as there is no reason that I can see....

Thanks

- Tim
Don't rely on the online status to be correct.

It's been just over 2 weeks since you had the interview. I'll bet your oath letter comes next week.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:53 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried - N400 interview was Nov 17th - no word from immigration yet

Tim, It depends on the local office how quick you get an oath ceremony. Looking at a list elsewhere anything from 2 - 8 weeks at those offices that do not do same or next day oaths.

What office is processing yours?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - Lansbury - first off, congrats to you, I saw your other thread! I am in TX and the office is San Antonio. They don't do same day , next day or even close but when my wife had her interview the following week, the officer said he thought it would be on Dec 18th.... I have already seen and checked the details on the certificate, I am so close!

Thanks

- Tim
Old Dec 5th 2009, 3:23 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking at the list I've been following. Interview San Antonio Nov 11 still waiting for oath. Others who've had the oath seemed to wait between 4 - 8 weeks for it.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:03 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

In Houston, as far as I have been able to tell, there is a single oath ceremony per month, and you get the letter on your Interview and test day. The ceremony and oath occurs on the third Wednesday of the month. (at least that was the case for November and December) These last about 4-5 hours for the applicant from arrival to departure time (in by 7am, out by 11am-12 pm, depending on your luck, and the last 3 of your A#)

Other districts have same-day or next-day naturalization, so YMMV.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Here's a turn for the better, I got a call, from a live person on Monday, inviting me to a morning ceremony on January 5th at 7:30AM (bloody hell that is early!). Letter arrived 2 days later! More details to follow in 2010....

- Tim
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a turn for the better, I got a call, from a live person on Monday, inviting me to a morning ceremony on January 5th at 7:30AM (bloody hell that is early!). Letter arrived 2 days later! More details to follow in 2010....

- Tim
Congrats. Early is good, you will have time to apply for US passport on way home. Fill out the forms, get photos in advance, get certificate, take to copy store (I know no copies), send original off via main post office.

Bobs your uncle.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 12:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

- Tim

Yahooo. Where is the ceremony? USCIS office, courthouse, Knights of Columbus Hall, Micky D's ????????????

DH's was at 8 so yes that is a wee bit early. Since they only hold it once a month (think that is what you said), there will be quite a few oath takers. There is processing that needs to be done before hand and that will take time depending on the number of future citizens. If it is in court (DH's was) they need to clear a courtroom in time for their docket calendar.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:42 pm

- Tim
What a way to start 2010
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre
take to copy store (I know no copies)
At my oath ceremony we were told by the USCIS staff to copy the certificate.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
At my oath ceremony we were told by the USCIS staff to copy the certificate.
Yes, they told us the same. "Copy before you send off for passport". I listened to them.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 6:33 pm

Yes, they told us the same. "Copy before you send off for passport". I listened to them.

Reg. Frank R.
I guess that is the "lawful authority" required before you can copy it
Old Dec 12th 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lansbury
I guess that is the "lawful authority" required before you can copy it
Yes, just double checked on the Cert.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats. Early is good, you will have time to apply for US passport on way home. Fill out the forms, get photos in advance, get certificate, take to copy store (I know no copies), send original off via main post office.

Bobs your uncle.

Reg. Frank R.
What am I missing here? I thought you had to apply in person for your first US passport as per http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...first_830.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.